We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Found i had womb cancer grade 1 ..13 days ago hysterectomy tomorrow ..

Pippab2
Posted by

After 12 months of having  a discharge brownish on and off then yellow watery pink I finally got  a new Dr who sent me for test. 

It wasnt vaginal atrophy as was being treated for. I got a 15 mm grade 1 cancer and tomorrow having a hysterectomy. Had an ultrasound but not had a CT or MRI scan. I'm 65 years old and I'm a live in carer so now I'm basically homeless as my jobs already replaced me and said dont need me till I recover. 

The gynocolgist says they going try help me stay in hospital  long as possible. I hope can find a place to go afterwards to recover . 

Pippa
NannyAnny
Posted by

Hi Pippa,

So sorry to read of your problems. I don't think they will let you out of hospital until you are fit to look after yourself. Even though I had a husband to look after me they kept me in 2 nights instead of one because my bladder refused to work initially. They may even fix you up with somewhere to recover. I'm sure the hospital will get social services involved to sort you out. I've recently had similar issues with my brother, and social services have really looked after him.

Are you having keyhole surgery? If you are you will recover quickly, but don't go too mad!! Wishing you all the best. xxxxx

Little lamb
Posted by

Hi from me too Pippa and welcome to the forum. Nannyanny is right when she says they shouldn't let you out of hospital with nobody to help you and nowhere to go. It is a major operation and although you may feel better it usually takes around twelve weeks to recover as you will experience extreme fatigue along the way. The internal healing takes much longer so the heavier jobs involved in caring like lifting,rolling will take much longer. I cared for my elderly parents and I am just over a year from my surgery but I still haven't got my original strength back and trying to roll my father over proved too much and I used to end up in tears of frustration let alone the pressure it placed on my abdomen and scar. We have had to place them in a care home now due to further deterioration and a terminal diagnosis for my mother but it isn't easy. I wanted to wish you all the best for your surgery tomorrow, remember to pack loose fitting clothes and big pants a size or two larger as you will be swollen up for a bit and some slip on shoes. God bless you. Love and hugs. Lamb.xx

nightingale19
Posted by

Someone should see you on the ward round after the operation and ask if you have somewhere to go while you recover and and someone to keep an eye on you. Make sure you speak up..

Pippab2
Posted by

Hope so I was on a live in care job and my agency have told me to leave. 

Pippa
Pippab2
Posted by

Yes down for keyhole surgery so hope get over it faster as need to work and go see my boyfriend abroad.  Thank you for kind thoughts xxx

Pippa
Pippab2
Posted by

Hi Little Lamb guess the operation takes it out of us and at my age I am not going to bounce back so easily . I think I will have to change my job after the callous treatment I have had from my agency . Time to put myself first and eat and look after myself better as I haven't really been doing. Roll on pension in 9 months then I can relax abit. Terrible situation with your parents but you have done all you can stress makes us very sick and caring one of the most exhausting jobs we can do. Thanks you for your kind wishes tomorrow I dont have any other choice I am hoping can get some help to recover never been sick before should have gone to see Dr sooner but very very hard when a carer ...good luck with  everything Iam sure your parents very well cared for in the home xx

Pippa
McLeod
Posted by

Hello Pippa , Just wanted to wish you all the very best for your surgery tomorrow.  It’s good advice that you have had to make sure that your personal circumstances are understood by doctors in hospital, please do speak up and tell them. Feeling vulnerable seems to make  me lose my tongue at times, so make sure you do tell them.  Love to you.

MissMac

McLeod
LittleRunner
Posted by

Hello Pippa sorry to read that you find yourself in such a difficult situation.  I suggest you speak to the Macmillan helpline for some advice regarding your employment rights and where to find practical help for example AgeUK, Macmillan, Social Services, maybe could help you.  Best wishes.

Pippab2
Posted by

Had my hysterectomy and feeling really well better than a long time with the pressure removed inside. Yes hospital trying to help me and getting social service in for me ..

Pippa
NannyAnny
Posted by

Hi Pippa,

Pleased you are feeling better and that they are sorting you out. Take it easy, and rest when you need to. xxxx

Hovehoney
Posted by

Hi Pippa,

glad to hear that you have had your operation, it must be a relief.

sending you all good wishes for your recovery.

Honey

Little lamb
Posted by

Hello Pippa. Glad to hear you have had the operation and feel well. Onwards and upwards now. Praying for a speedy recovery for you but make sure you rest and listen to your body..don't overdo it. Take care now. Love and hugs, lamb.xx

Pippab2
Posted by

Hi there Lamb yes I'm stiff but no pains at all . Still in hospital until I get help to find a place to stay. I am amazed as my high blood pressure has gone along with the fibroids i had as well was in the range 164/96 -196/96 was on pills to control it . Yesterday was 115/55 I am shocked that reading now its 136/67 seems fibroids were giving me the hypertension.  Feeling ok only sore place is the stitches in my belly button and struggle on loo. I am feeling good hope to stay in hospital a bit longer as no support here just my job.. take care we getting good again xx Pippa

Pippa
Pippab2
Posted by

I feel good and my high blood pressure has dropped so much they testing me for hypotension now it's crazy....thanks for the support xx 

Pippa