We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Re abnormal cells

Lomolo
Posted by

Advice please,  I am actually posting on behalf of my mum. Last September she had a hysterectomy following a shock diagnosis of endometrial (womb) cancer. Op was a success and no further treatment needed. Fast forward to this year two check ups all seems good and then some unexpected bleeding, not a lot just some so immediately back to docs and then phoned surgeon. What happened next was an appointment and biopsies. Yesterday we received a phone call and and they have found some abnormal cells which upon we asked last of questions but still feeling in shock by this. They hope it's still early grade 1 but a CT scan will confirm this hopefully and then radiotherapy. 

Our  question is has anyone else had any experience of this and if so any advice or words of hope please? 

Poppysmum27
Posted by

Hi .  I've just noticed you've not had any replies yet, and I'm sorry to read about your mum.  My case was a little different in that cells were found when  the histology tests were done immediately following my hysterectomy and it was LVSI - Lymphovascular System Invasion - some cells had escaped, and I was told I should have radiotherapy and brachytherapy to try and reduce any chance of future recurrence.  I went on to have these treatments, it's now 3 years since surgery, and I am still checked regularly and will be for another couple of years.  Not sure if mine are the same sort of cells that your mother has got.  I was Stage 1a Grade 2.  I hope all goes well for your mum. There are other ladies on here who had the same diagnosis as me, and I believe a couple of others who had abnormal cells found too.  Hopefully they will be along soon as well.

Hugs to you both, Lesley xx

NannyAnny
Posted by

Hi Lomolo,

I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago, Grade 2 stage 1A. I was told I needed no further treatment and that the consultant liked to keep radiotherapy as a back up plan 'just in case'. They can't give radiotherapy too often, so like to keep it for when necessary. It sounds as if trouble has been spotted early, so hopefully the radiotherapy will send it packing!

Best wishes to you and your Mum xxx

Chickplc
Posted by

Hi Lomolo I was diagnosed stage 1a grade 1 and had the hysterectomy however I had a bleed 6 months later and I had recurred at the vagina vault. The tumor was grade 1 and 5mm.  I was told by my doctor that they found  cancer cells in my blood I wasn't told this when I received my initial histology report. I had salvage Brachy and fast forward a year and on a positive note I have been in remission.  Hope things go well for your mum. Stay safe Dawn x

Lomolo
Posted by

Lesley thank you responding that means an awful lot to us both. Mum has her CT scan now for Wednesday so we are crossing everything but your message gives us hope x

Lomolo
Posted by

Thank you for replying, it means a lot x

TKH
Posted by

Hello .  I am basically a little further on from your Mum (full details on profile) but basically the same story .  I finished my RT. in Feb this year and am now waiting for the post RT check up as most of the after effects  have basically cleared . Obviously the  Covid 19 will probably delay this but I am feeling very well in myself , full of energy , wee a lot!  So bouncing back .  Tell your Mum not to worry the RT experience is not that bad. The staff are lovely and caring.  Keeping my fingers crossed for her  . xx

Triciakat
Lomolo
Posted by

TKH Thank you for your reply, means a lot. CT scan tomorrow so fingers crossed. X

Lomolo
Posted by

Hi me again my mum has a few questions she’d like to ask you can I message you on messages? 

Chickplc
Posted by

Hi yes no problem xx Dawn