We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Worried

mortigger
Posted by

Hi all last year i was diagnosed with hyperplasia  aytipia and have been having  regular mris and biopsies etc ,my last biopsy was in january and i was given the all clear annd told to continue taking my progesterone ,well while this virus been goimg round ive been pretty scared so kept forgetting to take it , well now ive started spotting snd worried it is cancer ,and the biopsys have missed something my dr says it could be because i kept missing my pills and sometimes side effects pf progesterone is spotting im petrified that it is cancer and i dont fancy going to a hospital were the virus is 

Lass
Posted by

Hey there 

I don't think that ignoring your doctor, deciding they are wrong, and deciding that the previous doctors are wrong as well is the healthiest of options. I'm also not sure why being worried about the virus means you miss your pills. It should be second nature and routine by now that when you wake, you take your pill, and when you go to bed, you take a pill. Stick to the routine and you'll remove at least one worry.

The point of progesterone is that you take it to raise your levels above that of oestrogen. This then means that your body doesn't grow the endometrial lining. If you don't take your pills, then your oestrogen levels will rise up above that of the progesterone, and your body will start creating a lining. Then, when you take your pills again, you raise your progesterone levels and that tells your body to get rid of the lining it's made, and so you get spotting.

Lass

xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

mortigger
Posted by

Thanks i have anxiety and i just go into a shell and forget about eveything but im getting there now thank you .

NannyAnny
Posted by

Hi,

First of all, calm down!!!

I don't know much about it, but I would think your spotting is due to forgetting tablets or the side effects of them.

As for the virus in hospitals. My husband had to visit the hospital a few weeks ago. The virus patients were all contained in separate wards, he was kept firmly out of the ward, he had to gel his hands frequently, washed his hands when he got home, and was fine!! I'm sure they are making sure patients with the virus are kept well away from other patients. I know its scary, but try not to worry too much. At the end of the day we have got to live our lives as best we can. xxxxxxx