We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Just a little update

Little Critter
Posted by

Hi everyone, thank you all so much for you lovely supportive replies to my last post. So I had a telephone consultation with my Oncologist today, I now have a golf ball sized lump in my neck. I haven't been too worried because it came up mid last infection and the blood clots ! according to my CT scan whilst in hospital it is a lymph node doing its job (phew) my onc said the same( double phew !) I still have a chest drain in and this may be the culprit for these problems. It has done its job and dried up the very large pleural effusion I had, so no more fluid there, but it is a little crusty around the entrance and quite green ! glad I cant see it. So we are pushing to get the drain out, take swab of drain entrance, antibiotics if needed, full blood count to measure infection markers. My GP is arranging all of that with my fabulous district nurse. I just want to feel well, never will be 100% and I understand that but just to walk outside in my garden would be like heaven to me. 

Love to you all,

LC

XX

Chickplc
Posted by

Hi Little Critter Your journey is certainly bumpy, hope you will be in your garden soon. Stay safe Dawn xx

GBear
Posted by

Here's hoping you can enjoy a little heaven and walk about your garden very soon .

GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

NannyAnny
Posted by

Hi Little Critter,

Hope you get in the garden soon. xxxxx

Fairycake
Posted by

Hello Good to hear from you and to have your update. What a relief to know the lump in your neck is the lymph node doing it’s job. I hope your GP and district nurse can get the practicalities sorted quickly. I hope you’re soon able to walk in your garden, feel the sun on your face and enjoy the birdsong. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of love x

Little lamb
Posted by

So glad to hear your news LC. Hopefully the swabs and antibiotics if needed will be done quickly and you can enjoy the weather and your garden again soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers too. God bless love lamb.xx

Lipgloss
Posted by

Hi Little Critter

So glad there's a plan and hopefully you'll get in your garden very soon. Xx 

Love 

Michelle x