We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Coronavirus

Rossanna
Posted by

Someone has proberbly already asked, but nearly a year ago since my cancer opp and brachytherapy last June. Does that put me in any higher risk group, I'm thinking probably not. 

Thanks 

1. R

Hope for the future and living the best life I can 

Lass
Posted by

Heya, 

Nope, with that information then you're in the social distancing group, not the shielding group. 

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Rossanna
Posted by

Thank you x

Rossanna
Posted by

It's very confusing I work in retail, still going in at the moment, should I be! 

Lass
Posted by

Sadly, yes. Lol

But even people who are working should be following social distancing. So 2m between them and customers, try not to accept cash or if you do, sanitise your hands afterwards, etc etc. 

Then when you get home, remove all your clothes and put them in a bag, and don't touch them until the next day, then shower. After you've showered, clean everything you've touched between walking in the door and showering. 

Keep yourself safe. 

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Rossanna
Posted by

I work in a garden centre, sadly these things havnt happened, still lots of elderly shopping one man got a hankie out of his pocket same as he got his money out of, people were free to use cash and have no sanitiser or distancing at tills

Lass
Posted by

Ew. 

I think it's awful that businesses are putting employees at risk like that! 

I'm afraid then it just comes down to do not touch your face or hair between hand washes, and follow the strip down procedure once you get home. 

I guess the old folks are getting their stock in ready for gardening improvements once they get their stay home letters! 

Lass

Xx

Flywing
Posted by

Thanks, Lass, for the extra advice about clothes. It is difficult to know what to do. I’m still working at the age of 70, having had cancer 2 and half years ago, and a pulmonary embolism. I’ve also had bronchitis in the past and heart palpitations sometimes. But according to my Dr I still have to go into my work in an addictions agency. We’re no longer seeing clients but I still have to sit in an office with 10 other people at close quarters. So I’m scared.

Lass
Posted by

Heya Flywing, 

Well that's rubbish! Can your job not be done from home if they gave you a works mobile and a laptop? Because the government has said that if you can work from home, you should. So your work shouldn't be making you come in, especially since you've hit the magic age of 70!

Lass

Xx

Lass
Posted by

Well there you go 

Your garden centre isn't allowed to open tomorrow. That solves that!

I'd assume that means you shouldn't go to work tomorrow either as your work isn't classed as absolutely necessary.

Lass

Xx

Rossanna
Posted by

We are non essential, x

Rossanna
Posted by

We have a closing down meeting tomorrow morning, it's surreal, 

Lass
Posted by

Online/over the phone I hope , because the announcement said everything starts as of the announcement.

Lass

Xx