We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Need some advice about Coronavirus???

ribena38
Posted by

I am now 5 years in remission from womb cancer but also have high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. Am I still classed as vulnerable even though I no longer have cancer ??? Thanks 

GRANNY59
Posted by

Hi Ribena38 welcome to the forum.

I believe that you are in the vulnerable groups due to your diabetes however go to the  NHS inform website and they will tell you all that you need to know about where you fall into any of the vulnerable groups.

Keep Safe and well.xxx

Georgette
Posted by

Hi there,

You probably are in the vulnerable group,as my daughter-in-law was sent home on Friday as she has diabetes,and asthma and informed that she should stay at home for 12 weeks.

Take care,

Georgette x

Lass
Posted by

Hey there

You're classed as vulnerable, but not highly vulnerable. So that means you don't need to follow shielding protocol, but you do need to self isolate/social distance as much as possible.

Details of highly vulnerable are here - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19#what-do-we-mean-by-extremely-vulnerable

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh