We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Help please

Georgie1
Posted by

Had a polyp removed last week and received a letter from hospital which states it shows abnormal vasculature.  Phoned Consultant but she has left for the day.  Does anyone know what this means please?  Freaking out here but need to know good or bad.  Thank you.

Lass
Posted by

Hey there Georgie, 

I'm so sorry that you've been left in this position, especially with it being on a Friday! I really wish doctors would think a little bit more before firing off letters with unexplained references and comnents in them!

Unfortunately, abnormal vasculature could relate to a lot of different things, and there's no way any of us here could narrow down what that might mean for you and your health. So it will need to be a phonecall on Monday to the consultant, or even your GP as they should hopefully see the notes and report, to ask what it all means. 

In the meantime, distraction is key. So get out into the garden and get it spring ready, clear out that cupboard or drawer where things are dumped and hidden away, spend time with friends and family just having a giggle, and so on. Don't let this ruin your weekend. 

Sorry I couldn't be more definitive, and fingers crossed for Monday! 

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Georgie1
Posted by

Thank you Lass.  I was just hoping someone else may have received a similar diagnosis.  Yours is good advice but I am not in a good state to follow it - wish I was that strong.  Thanks again xx

Lass
Posted by

Heya Georgie, 

The problem is, even if someone else had been told the same thing, the reason why might be completely different. There are lots of things that could cause vascularity in a nodule/polyp, and we don't know which is your reason. So someone might have vascular nodules for a really simple reason that was easily fixed with no further issues, and someone else might have had them with a serious problem. So from the info you've got, I'm afraid any stories you'd get might in no way relate to whatever is going on inside of you.

And you're stronger than you know, we all are. 

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Georgie1
Posted by

Thanks again Lass.  I know you are right but I am not strong at all.  Even before a complete diagnosis I have given up hope.  I just feel it is really bad news.

Lara lou xx
Posted by

Hi Georgie , I totally get how you feel and how hard it is to think or focus on anything else because I am exactly the same as you, lass will tell you that, but I can honestly say everything lass says and has said to me has always been true, she gives such good advice and support, the main thing she told me when I was in your situation (not the same problem) was worrying and over thinking do not change the situation, I spent many hours driving myself mad over something I had no control over, the one thing she said to me was whatever it turns out to be, they will sort it out.....she was right, unfortunately I had womb cancer but medicine is so much more advanced these days, hopefully yours will be something simple so please try to relax, I know it’s hard, I was a wreck when I first came on here, but lass is right, we are all stronger than we realise and the truth is, it’s the unknown which scares us more, once you get your answers you will deal with whatever it is and everyone on here will support you no matter what it is, even a simple thing that worries us is not brushed off by these wonderful ladies, take care and let us know how you get on Monday, big hugs xx

Don’t ever give up hope, there are earth Angels all around us and Miracles really do happen xx 
Georgie1
Posted by

Thank you for responding Lara lou.  In my sane moments I absolutely know that you and Lass are right.  It just seems that my prognosis gets worse with each visit.  I have gone from precancerous to possible to highly suspicious of and now this.  Just feeling very sorry for myself.  I will speak to the Consultant on Monday.  Have a lovely weekend  xx

Lara lou xx
Posted by

Bless your heart Georgie, I totally totally get how you feel, I am really hoping that it will turn out to be something simple so that this worry can be taken off your shoulders, my fingers are crossed for you, take care hun xx

Don’t ever give up hope, there are earth Angels all around us and Miracles really do happen xx 
Georgie1
Posted by

Thank you Lara lou, you are very kind and and I really appreciate your kind words.  I hope are doing well in your journey with this horrible disease xx