Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

In Limbo.........

Chickplc
Posted by

Hi bondgirl61, I recurred 6 months after hysterectomy I was Stage 1 a grade 1.  I feel for you having the recurrence diagnosis after such a short time.  I had brachy as mine was at the vagina vault. Hope all the best for you. XxDawn

Zigoin123
Posted by

Hi Chickplc and Bondgirl61

I'm so sorry for jumping on this thread Chickpla, but could I ask if you experienced any symptoms to suggest that your cancer had returned?  The reason I ask is that I was Grade 2, Stage 1B and had brachytherapy x3 sessions, surgery on 17 September.  At no point was I told what signs of recurrence to look for. TIA.

Chickplc
Posted by

Hi Zigoin123

Yes I began with a yellowish/greenish discharge and I telephoned My CNS she said that it could be an infection however 2 days later I had a bleed, not a spot a watery bleed. My CNS arranged for me to see my Consultant, she felt a tiny nodule at the top of my Vagina.  She couldn't see it. A doctor told me that they could see Cancer in the Vagina but mine couldn't be seen.  It was taken away via the biopsy it was 5mm.  Hope this helps. Dawn xx

papermoon
Posted by

I had a recurrence in a paraortic lymph node after 3 years picked up on scan. I didn't have any symptoms. It was removed by surgery. At hysterectomy the cancer had spread to a single pelvic lymph node and I had regular scans in case the cancer recurred to where the node was. They were very surprised it came back in a different place entirely.