Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

POST TREATMENT CT SCANS

Little lamb
Posted by

I'm so sorry to hear this LC..that's not the news we were hoping for. What a nuisance this disease is..just when you think you have got the better of it it comes back to bite you on the bum. So more worry,more waiting,more tests..It's just not fair sometimes. I hope the appointment with your team isn't too far away and you can get a treatment plan in place soon. In the meantime you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong sweetheart and don't let it get the better of you. Gentle hugs coming your way. Love lamb.xx

Ms Muggle
Posted by

I find this very difficult to share, Little Critter, however, for the first time, I will talk about it. No one knows. I totally understand you being gutted. I have had the identical experience. I had a hysterectomy for endometrial cancer and felt that would be the end of it. I had 15 sessions of RT.  This was several years ago. Then, they did a PET scan and learned that there were mets in my lungs. What followed were two surgeries about two months apart to remove the mets. I recall asking when the surgeons came to see me afterward, "so, when shall I expect to die?". They brushed me off and I was told, "maybe they'll do chemo or something:. Need I say, it was a horribly insensitive response. It was my first question to the oncologist, as well. I was so fortunate in that he understood and said that he was treating me with a class of drugs known as aromase inhibitors. I felt more sane … just a little. I have been since been on Femara and I went (initially) monthly for CT scans. Apart from the side effects of the medication, I'm continuing to take them. It's one daily. Side effects vary with this type of drug. I think it depends upon the person, however, there are several different ones. (the oncologist smiled and told me that he had a few other tricks in his toolbox). Now, I go for scans every three months. I am terrified to the point of massive anxiety attacks for the weeks prior, although I've still chosen to tell no one. So, what I'm saying here  (in my wittering fashion) is to take heart. Allow yourself to feel all the terror you must yet there is, I feel confident, a type of treatment  will be suggested. If I can help you, please let me know. I only discuss it on this board. No one, as I've said, knows. Hang in there and I send you a huge hug and my loving thoughts.

Jan

Little Critter
Posted by

Oh my goodness that has made the tears flow.  Oh thank you thank you for answering Jan. I will private message you if that's OK?  I will wait and see what the MDT meeting comes up with first . I can't take much more tbh,  it would have been my son's 30th birthday on the 8th December he died August 2016,  lost my mum 2016 on the 18th December, but I have a wonderful husband and a 25 year old daughter whom I adore.  I don't want to leave them

Biggest of hugs and thanks 

LC

XX

Ms Muggle
Posted by

LC,

I'm so sorry for the losses you've suffered. It makes everything more frightening for you now. Take some joy in your husband and your daughter, both of whom you adore. Of course, you don't want to leave them. They don't want you going anywhere, either, LC.

Of course, it's okay if you message me whenever you feel up to it. If I can help, even a little bit, then it makes me feel better knowing that this experience of mine can help you get through this horror.

Another big hug and you're very welcome,

Jan xx

Fairycake
Posted by

Hello LC, I'm so, so sorry to hear your news. What an awful shock. I can't begin to understand everything you're going through emotionally at this time of year too after the loss of your son  No more words, just the gentlest, supportive hug. You are in my thoughts and prayers xx

Little Critter
Posted by

Thank you all so much. I phoned my CNS yesterday afternoon after I had received the news, she has called me back at 9.15 this morning, she has squeezed me onto the MDT meeting this morning, and I have an appointment at 2 to see my gynae onc. today to discuss treatment options. Can't really fault that can I ? I will try and update you all later with what they are thinking.

Thank you all so much (again)

LC

XX

NannyAnny
Posted by

Hi Little Critter,

I've just caught up with all this and wanted to send you a BIG HUG. xxxxx

Claracat
Posted by

Hi Little Critter, just caught up with the thread and am sorry that the news was not what we all wanted for you.

I hope your appointment this afternoon had informed you of all the options available to you.

You've had such a rough time of it. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your son. 

Thinking of you. 

Chickplc
Posted by

Sorry LC to hear this, gentle hugs xx Dawn

Little Critter
Posted by

Hi you caring lovely bunch. So …… didn't want to know grade/stage or what it was (head in sand works for me sometimes)I asked if they could tell me if it was treatable, it is. It can't be operated on, and no RT as too close to the heart I think ? But I am having 6 rounds of chemo, she wouldn't have done this but because I'm so out of breath still she wants to shrink it as quickly as poss. Chest x ray each month and 3 monthly c t scans. Then hormone treatment every day, tablet form, which she says they have had fantastic results with. We shall see, I don't really want chemo again but I suppose I am more prepared this time around. Who knows what is going to happen ? I just hope that this time next year I am still here. Chemo starts next week. Thank you all for your love and support, it means a lot.

Love to you all,

LC

XXX

Zedcp
Posted by

LC, Sending my love and hugs x

Zedcp
MrsWoodentop
Posted by

Hi Little Critter,

So glad its treatable and you now have a treatment plan. Sorry you have to do chemo again, but at least you know it's getting blasted, so it's in a good cause. Hope you get the benefit really soon.

Sending hugs x

Mrs Woodentop.
Fairycake
Posted by

Hello Goid to hear there’s a treatment plan but very sorry   you’re having to do chemo again. I can understand you not wanting to know certain things just now - it takes time to process things and there’s only so much we can take in at any one time. Sending lots of love and prayers your way. Gentle hugs xx

Little lamb
Posted by

Hi LC, just to say I echo what fairycake has said and I'm glad they now have a treatment plan in place. It's going to be a hard journey ahead of you and I'm so sorry you have to go through all this again but stay strong, take it one step at a time and try and stay positive even though I know you are worried out of your mind. Just wish I could make it all go away for you ....You will stay in my thoughts and prayers as will your family. Lots of love and hugs. Lamb.xx

Arla
Posted by

Hi LC,

Ive just caught up with the thread and I'm so sorry to hear what a tough time you have been having. I hope that you can pack your pre treatment and in between treatment times with lots of family time with your husband and daughter and doing the things that you enjoy. Sending all my love and huge hugs, I don't have any words of wisdom but I'm here anytime you want to chat.

lots of love 

xxx