Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

POST TREATMENT CT SCANS

Little Critter
Posted by

Hi everyone, just wondering if it is normal NOT to have had a post treatment CT scan ? I was told by my CNS at my first follow up appointment that I would need one, but then the Doc came in and said no it wasn't necessary.  Any thoughts ? 

LC

X

LittleRunner
Posted by

Hi LC. I did not have a CT scan before or after treatment (which in my case was surgery alone), I did not have an MRI scan either.  I guess they had all the information that was needed from my ultrasounds, hysteroscopy, surgery and pathology.

LR.

Fairycake
Posted by

Hello LC  I think the protocol varies. I had a CT scan post chemo and another post radiotherapy. Both fortunately showed NED. I think they scanned me because I had a high grade aggressive type with lymphnode involvement.  Some doctors feel scans cause unnecessary stress for us plus they add to your radiation exposure so I think they try to weigh up the risks and benefits for each person. Hope you’re ok x

papermoon
Posted by

I think it depends on the type and stage and whether or not there's a higher risk of recurrence.  You say after treatment was that RT or chemo or just hysterectomy?

Little Critter
Posted by

Hi Papermoon and all, I had 5 chemo 25 external RT and 3 Brachy. Oh and of course the Hysterectomy. Mmmm It's just that I was admitted to hospital last week, 2.5 litres fluid drained off my right lung suspected secondaries. Will know more tomorrow, but they asked where my post treatment  follow up CT results were? I explained I was 'cured' 4 times it was said in total,  and told I didn't need a CT.I'm gutted, and terrified.

LC

X

Zedcp
Posted by

Thinking of you LC. Sending hugs and best wishes for tomorrow x

Zedcp
papermoon
Posted by

I would feel the same little critter you must be beside yourself. I will be thinking of you tomorrow big hugs.

Arla
Posted by

Hi LC,

Good luck for tomorrow, huge hugs and lots of love

xxx

MrsWoodentop
Posted by

Good luck for tomorrow.  Sending hugs xxx

Mrs Woodentop.
LittleRunner
Posted by

Hi again LC.  sorry to hear of your troubles.  Wishing you the best of luck with everything.  LR.

Claracat
Posted by

Oh little critter, no wonder you feel worried. Will be thinking of you today. Hoping you get answers and a clear idea of any plans and what is going on. 

Little lamb
Posted by

Just wanted to wish you good luck for today little critter and I hope everything goes well for you and they explain what is going on. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.Love lamb.xx

Little Critter
Posted by

Thanks everyone. So Doc phoned late on today. NO sign of Cancer in the 2.5 litres of fluid taken off ! Phew. BUT because of my diagnosis of cancer last year and the fact that I have a significant growth 4.6cm x 6.0 cm, on my right lung, he is still searching for Cancer, I fully agree with him. he doesn't want me to be back there in 6 months with something they are unable to treat. So I am having a lung biopsy and another drain, which they will leave in for a week and then drain any fluid and again test for cancer cells. I'm getting a bit tired of this Cancer lark to be honest but I refuse to lie down and let it take over my life !!!!!!!

I will keep you up to date with everything,

Love to all,

LC

XX

Arla
Posted by

Hey LC,

good news so far with the fluid testing, I'd definitely be doing what you are now, information can only help us. When do you go for your biopsy? 

Xxx

Fairycake
Posted by

Hello LC

It sounds like you’re going through a very worrying time just now. So far so good re the drained fluid. I hope all goes well with the biopsy goes well. Sending gentle hugs, love and prayers x