Hi All, I wrote last week and was anxiously awaiting for my mum to been seen at hospital. My mum had her MRI scan Wednesday and we have the results today which confirmed that it is Grade 1 Stage 1. The relief of actually knowing is indescribable. We now need to wait for a date for the hysterectomy. My mum has decided that she doesn't want to go on holiday as we have an eight hour flight and think she just feels better being closer to home . I now need to decide whether I still go away with my hubby and kids but I am scared that she will have her op when I am away! holiday needs to be paid today!!!!!! The not knowing has been horrendous this last few weeks, I have been online so much and think I have driven myself crazy! thank you for all your kind words last week, it kept me going xxx
Hello POG19 that sounds like some encouraging news re your Mu s grade and stage. I can understand why she might prefer not to travel at this stage. It would be worth having a word with your Mums nurse specialist - they are usually very helpful at trying to enable to keep plans. 3 yrs ago My nurse and surgeon put my op back by 5 days so I could go to my daughter's engagement party. They may be willing to pplan around your holiday dates if you ask. I hope you get things sorted out. Take care x
Thank you fairycake, the nurse has said that my mum can go on holiday buts it’ my mum not wanting to go that far now, I completely understand why she doesn’t want to go, it’s been such a weird few weeks but feel more positive now we know where we are and what to expect, that unknown period is one of the most horrific feelings , thank you for your advice and for replying x
Hi POG19, I am glad your Mum has her results now and just awaiting surgery, its surprising really when a plan is in place how somehow it makes everything just that little bit more bearable.
Gentle hugs to you all
What is a Community Champion? Womb cancer forum
Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
“life is like a box of chocolates, we search for the good ones first and hope not to have to eat the bad ones"
Thank you Gbear, I know the unknown is the worst part and your mind literally does runaway, i have tired to be positive but for someone who suffers with anxiety it’s really hard, so glad I found this group, one for support but also for information as I now feel I know where we are and what to expect, I was so scared a few weeks ago but I know we will get through this, thank you for your reply x x
hi POG19, I'm so pleased your mum has her results and it is very reassuring that its stage 1. I think most people at that stage are cured with the hysterectomy alone. I dont know the answer about your holiday and guess you may already have made your decision by now anyway. If you decide to go I hope you have a great time, I'm sure they'll schedule you mums op for when you get back to support her. But if you don't go, perhaps you can go later with your mum as well? Xxx
Thank you hysteria53, I do feel much more reassured now knowing the results from the tests, even though I wish this wasn’t happening, it’s the best outcome we could hope for. The hospital aren’t able to give a date yet but my mums has said that she would be more upset if we don’t go as she may not even have the operation until we are back. My dad and sister will also be here., so we’ve made the decision to go, my mum is not one for fuss and I think I would disappoint her more by not going, it’s a tough one but I do feel that now we know the results I’m in a better position to make that choice, thank you x x x
If I was in your Mum's position I think I would also want you to go away as planned, particularly as it is the school holidays. . Don't forget she will still need to be taking things a bit carefully for a while after the op. So even if she does go into hospital while you are away, she will appreciate your help when you come back and you will be able to spoil her a bit then!
(Class of 2015!)
Thank you, mu mum is not one for a big fuss and i know she won't want us round hers fussing all of the time after the operation, i do feel better that we have the results and just need to wait for a date now, hopefully it won't be too long.Thank you for your advice, i think my mum would actually tell me if she wanted me to be at home and not go away but she said its pointless missing our holiday now we know we are just waiting for a date. xx
Safe payments by:
We're here to provide physical, financial and emotional support. So whatever cancer throws your way, we're right there with you.
© Macmillan Cancer Support
© Macmillan Cancer Support, registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SC039907) and the Isle of Man
(604). Also operating in Northern Ireland. A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales company
number 2400969. Isle of Man company number 4694F. Registered office: 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7UQ. VAT no: