Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Grading

Arla
Posted by

Great news Nina, hopefully you can relax a bit and enjoy your time while you wait for your op.

lots of love

xxx

Rahman
Posted by

I am so happy for you Nina . Stay positive. 

All the best 

Rahman x

Fairycake
Posted by

That's good news  Doing a little happy dance for you .Hopefully it won't be too long till your op and you'll soon be on the road to recovery x

Lara lou xx
Posted by

Excellent news Nina, so pleased for you hun xx

Don’t ever give up hope, there are earth Angels all around us and Miracles really do happen xx 
GBear
Posted by

Excellent news ,

GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“Don't live in the past, but live for today” 

Nina5252
Posted by

Hi GBear

Thank You so much, I am cautiously confident as the scan results match the biopsy results aswell. 

Now for the operation, recovery and final results. 

Love

Nina. x

Nina5252
Posted by

Fairycake

ThankYou. I was so full of nerves waiting on results I nearly fainted with anxiety. I am not a person who faints, but it made me realise how life defining something like this is.

Love

Nina

Nina5252
Posted by

Hi Arla

I actually slept lastnight for the first time in a week, maybe exhaustion tho I dont know. I feel cautiously confident as I wont breathe relief untill final results.

Love

Nina

Nina5252
Posted by

Hi Rahman

Thankyou so much, I was more relieved leaving than going in. I cannot wait for the operation and final results.

Love

Nina

MrsWoodentop
Posted by

Wonderful news Nina,

Have a lovely weekend, and now you can look forward to your next step positively , to put all this behind you , I am happy for you x

Mrs Woodentop.
Little lamb
Posted by

That is good news nina..I'm so pleased there's no spread. Hope the operation follows quickly now so you can relax fully in the knowledge it is contained and they will be removing it all. Keep strong hun and we are all here to support you. God bless.xx

bellabongo
Posted by

Good, Nina. Things are sounding upbeat, aren't they?

Alison xxx 

Nina5252
Posted by

Hi Alison

I am hopeful after surgery it will come back completely clear...but I also know all it takes is 1 stray cancer cells to put you back.

This terrifies me.

How can you ever be sure you are clear? Surgery itself could disturb a cancer cells and it gets left behind. They will do an abdominal wash and send it off to test for any cancer cells. If cancer is not showing spread...they don't do node biopsies unless issue with spread.

I feel relief at surgery and diagnosis but still feel in a way I will be left with a potential ticking time bomb.

Nina

Arla
Posted by

Hi Nina,

i was stage 1a grade 1 too and I had washings but no samples of my lymph nodes. You have described it perfectly when you say that it feels like you are left with a ticking time bomb, that's how I feel, but it does get a bit better with time. 

It feels good knowing that the cancer is out after the operation though, and I had a lot of symptoms before my surergy that are hopefully gone for good now too (bleeding and pain). 

Xxx

Angelfish
Posted by

Hi Nina

I'm the same - my op was in Feb 2018 and I'm not even sure if I had an adominal wash. I was diagnosed as Stage 1 Grade 1A with LVSI but I do not have to have any follow ups or anything so it does sometimes feel as though you're on your own. I did check with my CNS about the LVSI and was told it was nothing to worry about but it does not stop me worrying on occasions! Good luck with your op 

“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain”