Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Surgery tomorrow

Diana13
Posted by

evening all x 

after a long day at hospital on Friday where I was expecting a repeat biopsy to check if the hormone and coil treatment is working it turned out I had a scan and hysteroscopy only. I asked for a biopsy but the consultant decided to give me surgery instead so tomorrow I’ll have a d and c removal of 2 polyps and replace the coil. He said the womb lining is thick but shouldn’t it be getting thinner with the hormones I’ve been taking I’ve been on 400mg provera twice daily.  I’m not overly worried about the surgery I’m in panic mode about what the results will be It’s really shocked me I was really sure I would have good news or something last Friday and could start my egg freezing process so this has really shaken me has anyone else been through similar to this xx 

Lass
Posted by

Hey Diana, 

If memory serves, you've not had the coil and provera for long have you? Only a few months? It takes at least 4 months before any difference starts to be made, and a d and c will just help things along.

I also would class it as surgery, just a procedure. To me, surgery involves opening you up. In a d and c, they basically just use a big spoon to scrape everything out of your womb. Like when you're trying to get the last of the jam out of the jar.... Lol

I didn't have a d and c, but I did have the more modern equivalent called a myosure procedure twice. Once at the 3 month mark after being on the hormone treatment, and once at the 6 month mark I think it was. The first time there'd been no effect from the provera, the second time there had been. Then the hysteroscopy 3 months after that showed a picture perfect womb, so my oral dose was reduced and I was moved to 6 monthly checks.

So nothing to worry about, and I think I gave you the heads up about it in a previous thread so you'd be prepared for the fact there might not have been any change? Or was that someone else? I do get confused sometimes. Lol

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Diana13
Posted by

Hi lass yes that’s right only just over 3 months no change would be a good thing I’m concerned the lining is thick when it wasn’t before but sounds like once I’ve had this done I’ll be back to normal thickness which is good x