Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Post Menopausal Bleeding - Suspected Endometrial Cancer

oldady
Posted by

HI ,

I do hope it all goes well for you.  I was really apprehensive before my hysteroscopy .  I had seen the Gynaecologist some weeks before and she had tried to do a pipelle biopsy but was unable to enter the cervix.  I was well past menopause and It was 50 years since I had my children so I felt my cervix was probably pretty well shut!   I made the mistake of reading some accounts of the procedure and was terrified.   I confided my fears to a friendly female GP and she assured me that they would use a local anaesthetic and would be able to ease the entry of the camera.  It turned out she was right.  I only took paracetamol beforehand and I realise now that I should have used ibuprofen as well but even so it was largely a matter of discomfort rather than pain. it was carried out by the Gynae Consultant ( a woman)  I had seen previously and she was very considerate and gentle.  At one point I did somewhat wince and she said that she had got all everything  she needed and was taking the camera out.

I had no pain afterwards and very little bleeding.

I do hope you get good news afterwards .  In my case the consultant said at the time that it did look like cancer but she reassured me that womb cancer is usually easily treated.   So here I am 4 years later, well and active,  even though I am now over 80 years old..   In fact I seem to have fewer limitations due to my  health than my friends who have not had cancer!

XXXX

Anne

(Class of 2015!)

MidsomerMadness
Posted by

Hospital have just rang to offer me a cancellation next Wednesday, so a couple of days less to wait and at a much better time of 9am.

I’m very grateful to the nice chap whose been helping me get an appointment.

GBear
Posted by

I am glad to hear that , we all know that the waiting is the worse thing, waiting for tests, scans and results are just so scary. I hope it goes well for you next Wednesday and I hope for good news for you too. Fingers crossed.

GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“Don't live in the past, but live for today” 

Galanthophile
Posted by

Believe me I know how you feel. I went to my GP after 2 days of PMB with no idea that it could be cancer, it was only when she said she’d refer me to “the cancer clinic” that I started to feel some alarm. But I was post menopausal, hadn’t had children and was overweight. The biopsy was the worst part (they couldn’t get through the cervix so I had gas and air and some injections internally). Of course the waiting is agony but when I saw the consultant I was prepared for it to be cancer. I was seen and diagnosed within two weeks. He said womb cancer was the easiest one to deal with. Four months on and I am cancer free and on the road to recovery. It’s not a death sentence. You just need to take one step at a time. You will get through it. Wishing you the best outcome x

MidsomerMadness
Posted by

Still spending all my time worrying, trying so hard to think nice thoughts but it’s not working.  I still have this intermittent pinky discharge and Wednesday’s appointment is playing on my mind...

Arla
Posted by

Hi midsomer,

The relaxation/ meditation videos on you tube are quite good to distract your mind whilst you wait, either that or keep yourself so busy you have no time to think. take it in small chunks, Wednesday is the main goal but try and pass a day at a time. Someone wise once said, a lot better than I'm about to, that worrying has no benefit, it's not going to change the outcome, it's just going to change how you feel whilst you wait. Whilst you can't control the outcome you can control how you feel and cope so you can try and change or reduce the worry. Realising that really helps me, I can put worry off to the side a bit now rather than be consumed by it, I do know that it's really tough to do though, so keep trying and keep chatting here too, we have all felt the same way.

Lots of love 

xxx

Army
Posted by

Hi 

I've had pinky discharge since december. I am however perimenopausal. 

My first go appointment was Feb so quite a wait from then to receive inf my biopsy which took place on Wednesday gone. It was my first gynaecologist visit and I wasn't told in letter I would be getting a biopsy so when the Dr ( which turned out to be female I was happy ) told me she was doing the biopsy then I thought no I've not took any pain relief. 

It was actually over within five minutes and apart from minor discomfort and a couple of winces it wasn't that bad for me. I've even told the results will be back in 2:weeks 

The gynaecologist I had to do it was so lovely and made me feel so much better about myself. I hope any future visits I may have are with her. 

So fingers crossed your visit goes just as smooth with a good outcome  

X

MidsomerMadness
Posted by

I know I will be having a hysteroscopy on Wednesday and thankfully my appointment is at 9am so I won’t have too much time on the day to get too hyped up..not looking forward to the procedure but know it has to be done and then, yes, more waiting..we go away to America mid May and I’m hoping my results will be back by then, although in another way I don’t want them before I go because if it’s bad news (and I’m fully expecting it to be) I’m going to be a right misery on holiday...my Insurance company have covered me even though it’s an undiagnosed condition, and I’m hoping the consultant will say I can still go even if my results are bad as sure treatment wouldn’t be for a few weeks after then anyway.  

I hope you get your results soon and that they come back with no further worries for you.

Arla
Posted by

Hey midsomer,

i went on holiday a few weeks after I was diagnosed and although I was a bit up in the air it was great to have some time with my family before my operation, my surgeon arranged my appointments around my holiday dates. Good luck for Wednesday 

lots of love

xxx

MidsomerMadness
Posted by

Thank you everyone, really appreciate being able to post on here and winge on and everybody being so kind.

I find it helps me being able to write my thoughts down x

NannyAnny
Posted by

Hi Midsummer madness,

When my husband was diagnosed with throat cancer 13 years ago we had a holiday already booked to the Black Forest! I wanted to cancel, but my husband and the consultant told us to go. It was almost as if we had left the silly sore throat back in England, and it was the best thing we could have done! He had the operation as soon as we got back, and was so tied up with hospital after that!

We actually returned there last summer as we had enjoyed the holiday so much before. It wasn't the same, looked a lot more run down, and our favourite restaurant had gone!!   xxxxx

MidsomerMadness
Posted by

Wednesday is almost here, hopefully by this time tomorrow they would have managed to do the hysteroscopy and it will then just be another waiting game.

I am so very worried about what the results might bring and I can’t think of anything else.

Fairycake
Posted by

Thinking of you, Midsomer. Waiting really is the pits.  I won't say don't worry because I know you will, but if you can, try to do the things you enjoy doing whilst you wait. Plan a couple of treats to look forward to. I hope all goes well tomorrow and that you won't have to wait too long for your results x

MidsomerMadness
Posted by

Had my hosptial appointment today, it was just for a biopsy and not a hysteroscopy, no idea why but at least something has now been done, my results should be back within 2 weeks and I will get an appointment to discuss them.  Guess depending on results I might still need a hysteroscopy but will cross that bridge when it happens..

Army
Posted by

That's what happened to me. Got biopsy and was told two weeks then they would call me in to discuss next steps when they have results. A week to go for me.  Fingers crossed all is ok.  At least it's moving forward now x