Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Post Menopausal Bleeding - Suspected Endometrial Cancer

MidsomerMadness
Posted by

Yes, at last things are moving. I hope you get your results soon and that they are good x

MidsomerMadness
Posted by

I have updated on another thread but thought I should do so on here too..

Emailed hospital to check on appointment, they don’t listen do they, appointment was made for 14th May (when we head down to Somerset) anyway the nice man has fitted me in next Tuesday 7th May at 5pm..results are back but he’s not allowed to give me them over the phone  

MidsomerMadness
Posted by

Oh my goodness...my phone just rang and I recognised the hospital’s phone number.

Nice man who I’ve been liaising with over appointments said my consultant wants me to go in and have a hysteroscopy.  I immediately thought that meant the biopsy was either inconclusive or that they hadn’t got a big enough sample.  He said consultant has sent me a letter but he once again couldn’t tell me what it said.

I had a bit of a nervous breakdown and one of his colleagues said as letter had been approved and sent he could tell me..

A polylp was removed at my biopsy last week and he confirmed it was benign but consultant just wants to check there aren’t anymore hiding up there.

So at the moment all is good and there doesn’t seem to be any cause for concern, so back I go on Tuesday where I’m hoping nothing further will be found.

Relieved doesn’t even come close to how I feel right now.

Army
Posted by

Oh my goodness that's really good news. Hopefully all will be sorted on Tuesday. I bet your so relieved 

MidsomerMadness
Posted by

I was so convinced he was going to tell me something awful....massive relief and I know I still have hysteroscopy next week to come I’m feeling much more positive.

I take it you haven’t heard anything yet? I still can’t believe I got my results so quickly although they were aware I was going away and think they fast tracked the fast track.  Our NHS trust gets loads of bad press so I was expecting a long wait. Hope you hear something soon x

Rahman
Posted by

So happy for you. Hope all will go well

regards and best wishes

x

Rahman
Posted by

So happy for you. Hope all will go well

regards and best wishes

x

Army
Posted by

No I've not heard anything so going to call tomorrow hopefully I will get some news

I know your feeling relieved as would I be.  I hope Tuesday is here quick and also brings good news. 

You can now enjoy your hols fab

MidsomerMadness
Posted by

If they find anymore on Tuesday I hope they will try and remove them, but I’m hoping there won’t be any.  Please let us know what they say when you ring x

My holiday can’t come soon enough, this time in two weeks we will be en-route to New Orleans

Fairycake
Posted by

that’s sounding positive. I hope all goes well at the hysteroscopy and that the results will confirm there’s nothing else lurking. Enjoy your weekend x

50Something
Posted by

Hi Midsommer, That’s amazing news I’m so pleased for you especially after the worrying letter you received. Hope you have a great nights sleep and a lovely weekend and like me can’t wait to get away on holiday xx

50 something 

Little lamb
Posted by

So glad to hear your good news midsommer. Hope Tuesday goes ok .

MidsomerMadness
Posted by

I’m back to worrying again.  Letter from consultant still hasn’t arrived an I’m hoping to pick a copy up on Tuesday before my hysteroscopy .

The reason I’m worrying is, I had a biopsy taken the other week.  I then had an appointment sent through for whilst I’m on holiday for the results which they brought forward at my request to next week.  I then received phone call from the nice man whose being helping me get appointments before we go away and he said that consultant has sent me a letter which explains what they found on biopsy, he got permission to read me the results which were that a polyp had been found at my biopsy which was tested and was benign. This is obviously good news but then he said the consultant wants me have a hysteroscopy, which I’m having on Tuesday after the nice man said he thought I’d prefer to have it done before we go away.  Why would the consultant want me to have a hysteroscopy if my biopsy came back clear? 

Arla
Posted by

Hi Midsomer,

Im not a medic but I imagine they are just being thorough, the hysteroscopy will let them have a good look at your whole womb and make sure there is nothing else there that has to be treated / removed.

xxx

MidsomerMadness
Posted by

I don’t understand why they didn’t do a hysteroscopy in the first place as that is what I thought I was having and the accompanying paperwork implied that.  Now I’m going to have another wait with uncertainty to follow again I suspect.