Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Post Menopausal Bleeding - Suspected Endometrial Cancer

Balloons
Posted by

I have just found out that the admin at the Jr hosp, put suspected cancer on all there 2 week referral letters to stop people cancelling appointments, I'm not sure how I feel about this, any one els..  

Balloons
Posted by

How are things now, well I hope xx

Arla
Posted by

Hi Balloons,

Its good that they are being thorough, but to put your mind at ease a bit, 90% of people who have a womb biopsy get the all clear. I know it's stressful waiting for appointments though, try and take things one step at a time. 

lots of love

xxx

Balloons
Posted by

Heya, just had a phone call from Dr, who reassured me my scans were fine but did say the lining of my womb was a bit thick, anyone know what that means??

Got biopsy app on 5th August... Even tho Dr reassuring me again, I'm filled with anxiety.

Arla
Posted by

Your womb can be thick for lots of reasons, the biopsy results will let you know what's happening for sure, I'd take comfort from what your doctor has told you so far, it looks like they just want to be thorough and make sure everything is ok.

xx

50Something
Posted by

Hi Balloons.

At least their being thorough. I had a thick womb lining of 21mm. They gave me a biopsy and a hysteroscopy which both came back with good results. It did show I had an infection of the womb lining. I'm now booked in for a laparoscopy and a endometrial ablation I think it's called as I'm still having heavy periods and womb lining is still 11mm. 

Good luck I hope all goes well and the results are good x

50 something 

Balloons
Posted by

Thank you all so much,  I've learned so much from this community, am wondering what an ablation is, one thing I won't do is Google it

50Something
Posted by

Dont blame you. Its ends up making you feel worse. It removes the lining of the womb. Hopefully it will stop heavy bleeding or even stop them all together.

50 something 

Balloons
Posted by

Ahh so it's like a d and c, gosh,  hope it does what it supposed to and that'll be an end of it for you,

Xx