Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

New to this forum and scared !!

SKOX
Posted by

Thank you Arla x 

SKOX
Posted by

Thank you Galanthophile.   Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery x 

SKOX
Posted by

Thank you Nannydeb.  Wow you are an inspiration   xx 

SKOX
Posted by

Thank you Army, will do  xx 

SKOX
Posted by

Hi Army

Had the Hysteroscopic and Biopsy done on Thursday now waiting for results 

The Gyne did say he couldn't see anything obvious on the screen, So I am hoping that is good news

Good luck on the 17th  xxx

Army
Posted by

Ah that sounds like very good news fingers crossed. 

Were you booked in for biopsy and hysteroscopy.  As I've just got a letter to say I'm meeting with the gybagynaecolo on the 27th the letter doesn't mention a biopsy.  Just my gp said I would be gettiing booked in for one. 

I'm so nervous x

Army
Posted by

Sorry meant gynaecologist on the 17th x

SKOX
Posted by

Hi Army

I am hoping so, he did say the biopsy was the only thing that can tell for definite, but its calmed me enough to finally get some sleep!!

I was booked in to the Diagnostic clinic for the Biopsy and hysteroscopy, in  the Gyne's office. 

I received a letter saying what to expect, what they would do etc

It maybe worth giving them a ring to check if you haven't received this info

As a note of assurance, it wasn't as bad as I expected, I read a lot about it and others said it was really painful.

I do have a good pain threshold, but even so I think it was ok

Let me know how you get on 

Big hugs  xx 

Army
Posted by

Thanks ️ 

I'm thinking my visit will be just to book me in for biopsy as I've not even seen the gynae yet. Its a very slow process.  From my initial scan on the 11 Feb. To even meeting a gynaecologist.  Why they can't just do it then is beyond me. I hope it's not a long wait after my visit .I can't stand the waiting round x

SKOX
Posted by

The waiting is the worse !  

Mine was the same time I saw the Gyne for the first time,  so don't know why they haven't done that with you  

I was on the two week fast track so maybe that's it, who knows it all seems to be a lottery if you read posts on here re timing of everything 

Keep Busy hun, I found that helped a bit !   xxx 

Army
Posted by

Hi Scox

Well had my visit today. They did biopsy whilst I was there didn't expect it so wasn't prepared  Although a tiny bit uncomfortable it was ok. Dr was lovely. 

Afterwards she said everything looked fine and I should receive my results in 2 weeks unless they need to spk to me sooner so all ok.

Hope all well with you x

SKOX
Posted by

Hi Army 

That's fantastic News !!!! 

The weight lifts off your shoulders doesn't it.  Just a little nervous the Biopsy results agree 

2 Week wait is good, mine is 4 weeks ! 

Let me know how it goes 

Have a lovely Easter Break, enjoy and relax   xxxx