Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Multiple post menopause bleeds

Lisa50
Posted by

Thank you in advance for any information anyone can give me . I am post menopausal . ( im 55 ) I went through menopause early due to an under active thyroid . 3- 4 years ago I had a small bleed and was fast tracked to the hospital for a scan l I saw a gynaecologist who sent me for a hystoscopy . A small polyp was found to be hiding and was removed . I had another bleed a year later and again a polyp was removed . My womb lining was slightly thicker but nothing to worry about .

Since then I’ve been on Ovestin Cream and not had a lot of problems . 6 months ago I noticed a wet feeling and thought I had lost urine

but it did have a strange smell , like straw . This carried on for a while. I saw my GP who didn’t think it was much of a problem, just a urine infection . I then had a discharge which I hadn’t had since before my menopause . It wasn’t bloody so I thought it was an infection as I had been a bit sore and I had a low backache for a while . 

2 weeks ago I saw a Male GP again as I thought my bladder was playing up and I was losing urine when I sat down or crouched down to hug my granddaughter . My GP made an appointment for me to see the female GP but on Monday I woke up with a nagging feeling in my groin, pains in my legs and passed brown blood . My first thought was polyps again but last time I had no leg pain or groin pains . Then by Wednesday the bleeding had got heavier and now I feel like I’m having a very heavy period . I also have a severe headache ( maybe from worry ) like a vice around my head . It could be blood loss . 

I am being fast tracked for an Ultra sound on Wednesday then depending on the results a 2 week wait to go to the hospital . Has anyone had multiple bleeds and polyps since menopause . I wasn’t sure if they grew back or if they multiplied this fast . 

Arla
Posted by

Hi Lisa,

You have found a safe place to wait, lots of women pass through the group with similar circumstances and get the all clear. This waiting and worrying part is just the pits though. The stats say 90% of womb biopsies are not cancerous.

The good news is that you are being fast tracked and shouldn't have to wait too long to know what's happening. 

Whatever happens we are here with you and to keep you company whilst you wait, I was diagnosed before menopause so don't have any relevant experience but hopefully someone who does will be along soon.

lots of love 

xxx

Lisa50
Posted by

Arla thank you so much for your kind words . I think the worrying is causing my  new symptoms but I feel positive it could be just polyps again. Xx 

Army
Posted by

Hi lisa.

I'm going through very similar symptoms.  Only I have never had polyps so far. And I'm also premenopausal I think.   I've had an ultrasound and transvaginal scan. After a mix up with bookings for my biopsy I should find out tomorrow if the drs have now successfully managed to fast track me.  

My concern also is the nagging pains in lower abdomen and lower back and headache's and also loss of breath. Is more due to worry and stress  than medical.  Hopefully will find out soon enough.  

Please let me know how you get on.  Fingers crossed all ok x

Lisa50
Posted by

Hi Army 

I hope you get good news , please keep me posted . I went from bleeding heavy yesterday to no bleeding today but crippling back pain and headaches today . I think the headaches are from worry and no sleep . Does no bleeding mean good news or will this maybe affect being fast tracked 

xx 

Army
Posted by

Not sure hun.  I had no periods from Nov to Jan then periods every 21 days for last three periods .  At moment I'm up to day 26 and no period for me yet. up until Nov I was 28 days every month.  

I'm putting my headaches also down to no sleep and not eating.  Every lower abdominal twinge now is worrying.  But who knows until the biopsy.  

Your ultraultra may come back normal and you may not need a biopsy. Fingers crossed. 

Xx

Lisa50
Posted by

Hi 

I am off for my Ultrasound tomorrow and am glad it’s come round but I am so nervous . It’s been a tough few days . The bleeding continued but today it stopped , the backache has been really bad but I developed terrible indigestion too . First of all I thought I was having a heart Attack as I had crippling pain in my chest and back , it travelled up into my jaw and throat . I felt like I had a vice round my chest . It turned out my heart was fine and it was a severe case of acid . I am now worried that if something is going on in my womb area it’s now spread into my stomach but I know it’s not always the case and I still haven’t got a diagnosis of anything yet . It’s my mind going into overdrive . Tomorrow will be here soon enough and I’ll be one step closer to knowing why I have this post menopausal bleeding . 

I hope everyone is having a peaceful evening x  

Army
Posted by

Hi Lisa

Hope all goes well with ultrasound.  

I started bleeding on Sunday heavy but seems to be ok now.  

I chased drs and they haven't fast tracked me just got me on urgent.  How it works fast tracked is seen within 2 weeks . Urgent us put onto routine referral but then assessed at hospital by triage.  I gave been brought forward from end of May too 17 April so slightly happier. But just need an answer from biopsy.  

I think the pains in my lower back and abdomen could be a mixture of stress too.  As since I had the urgent referral my body has gone into shut down.  I find it hard to breathe at times and not much sleep or food isn't helping the situation.  I think it's more anxiety than it being my womb .Won't find out any real answers brought for 4 weeks.  I'm trying not  too worry. To get my body back to some form of normality.  But it's hard. Not knowing what's going on . 

I hope you get good results today.  Fingers crossed at least your one step closer. To a biopsy .

Big hugs x. 

Arla
Posted by

Hi Lisa,

good luck at the scan today, let us know how you get on

lots of love

xxx

Arla
Posted by

Hey Army,

if you are struggling with anxiety I'd really recommend a guided meditation video, you should be able to find one that you like on YouTube. If you are feeling flush with cash you could think about seeing a reflexologist or hypnotist to try and relax.

Lots of love

xxx

Army
Posted by

Thanks Arla I have just ordered a meditation book and a yoga video.  So hopefully 4 weeks if that mind calm my mindset 

X

Lisa50
Posted by

All this waiting around really does make us feel worse I’m sure . I hope April 17th comes around quickly for you . 

Thanks for the good wishes  xxx 

Lisa50
Posted by

I am back from my ultrasound scan . They did both and an external  and an internal scan . Both over really quickly which I’m taking to be good news . For the internal , the lady used the probe moved it around once or twice and then told me to get dressed . Last time I had one the radiologist spent a while looking and asking me questions so I really am hoping it was all clear and didn’t need much more than what she did . They told me to contact my doctors office in a week so another wait but I am looking after my granddaughter for a few days which will make the time fun . 

I wish you all a peaceful evening x 

Army
Posted by

That sounds like good news .Fingers crossed .

When I had mine they were there ages taking measurements.  Only come back with a thick womb lining. Which I'm still awaiting biopsy for.  Not sure what they were taking lots of measurement s on. When they said everything looked fine Barr lining. 

Not seen any gyane yet.  So won't know anything still then.  

But if they weren't long im guessing there wasn't much to see.  Not that Im a medic .  But that would definitely have give me hope.  

Enjoy time with your granddaughter x

Lisa50
Posted by

I had a thick lining last time nothing else then they found a little polyp hiding which they removed . It wasn’t a problem . All the radiologist asked me was if  I had had a smear lately which did worry me a bit . Maybe she was just making sure I was up to date . I wasnt worried at all yesterday but I woke up this morning with a sense of dread which is probably a bit silly . I also ache in my pelvic area . Could be from the scan though . 

My sister had a hysterectomy years ago because of  problems , she had hyperplasia and other areas that were causing concern so it’s quite close to home . 

I hope that you are finding things to keep you busy so the time goes quickly for you 

xx