Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

How long between diagnosis and surgery date?

Monto15
Posted by

Hi Macmi1

Thinking of you and your appointment tomorrow.

My good wishes are with you.

Anything you are unsure of just ASK, if you don't understand anything ASK...

Remember YOU are important, just as important as the previous person and the following person.

Don't feel rushed, get the time and attention you deserve.

Life can throw unexpected, unpleasant things at us,but people are strong.

We are all stronger than we think.

Massive hugs. Xx

When we have our sad days,it makes us appreciate our happy days. We are not alone on our journey's, we are all here together and supporting each other.x

Macmi1
Posted by

Already at the start of the day I can barely type this through tears and shakes of nervousness and fear.

Bless you for your good wishes and reply.  It seems I am a very weak link in a very strong support group.

XX

GBear
Posted by

Sending you best wishes for today .

Remember we have all been where you are now, so its OK to be nervous.

Sending you gentle hugs this morning.

GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“life is like a box of chocolates, we search for the good ones first and hope not to have to eat the bad ones"

Fairycake
Posted by

Hello Macmi1

It often seems that hospital appointments are a bit like  buses - none for ages then they come in threes. Please try not to worry about the fact they won’t tell you what the appointment is for. Clerical staff often genuinely don’t know the reasons for the appointments and if they do they’re not allowed to say unless the consultant has specifically told them to share information. 

I remember those awful feelings of nervousness. Gentle hugs. If it helps, visualise our group virtually holding your hand as you go for your appointment. You are not a weak link at all - we are strong for each other. We’ve all been where you are now and we understand how you feel. Thinking of you. Please let us know how you get on. Whatever the outcome we are here for you x

Macmi1
Posted by

:Literally, just got home after a gruelling day, leaving home at 8.30 am.  My tear stained face says it all.  I have been poked and prodded everywhere, and I still have to go back next week for part two of the pre op.

Also just hit the brandy bottle on getting home.  Strange that two measures have no effect at all...

Now I have an operation date at least I have something to work to, and work around.

Thank you for your support, the photo is just lovely, and very cute.  Bears also have a special meaning for us, too, but that's another story....

A big tear stained hug coming back to you.  (I'm sure there was no alcohol in that brandy.)

This is such an amazing forum, everyone else is so much stronger than me.

Macmi1
Posted by

I'm in floods of tears at the moment, have just just got back after a gruelling 8.30 am start, and a very very long day emotionally..  Its just all boiliing over now into being desperately unhappy, and the relief of being away from a hospital environment.

It seems there is no alcohol in the two measures of brandy I've had on an empty stomach...

the Royal Marsden staff have done their best to cope with my general upset, but I am so relieved to be back home, and at least I have an operation date to that live in between have have some limited sense of normality.  I still have to "suffer" a long pre assessment day next week though.

Tying errors are down to the fact that I can hardly see through the tears, due to the relief of being home again.  I am definitely the weakest person in this group, but the support of others is ENORMOUSLY helpful, its just so sad that any of us have to go through this.

Thank you.

Macmi1
Posted by

Hi Monto15

Just been home long enough for brandy and tea after a very, very long day emotionally.

I'm not strong, but at least I can recognise this.  Fit and healthy for my whole life, never been in a hospital even outpatients ever, no doctor appointment for at least eight years and now just the worst thing ever is from one end of the scale to the other in one move, and I don't even feel ill, just emotionally drained.

Swam a mile yesterday and, apparently, I'm "ill".  I know I should count myself as lucky, but I just can't see it, right now.

Thank you for your support.

XX

GBear
Posted by

Aww , your stronger then you think. I was totally taken aback when I was diagnosed, I had an incline that something was very wrong but after being sent from pillar to post for around 10 months I actually felt relived to find put what was wrong. I held it together better then my Dad who was really upset and completely fell apart, my Mum just was there just to talk too over it and would seat there listening to my thoughts and fears. Its OK to be scared and certainly not a sign of weakness at all. It was just over a week before my 38 th birthday when I was diagnosed in June 2017 but I was as I believed completely lucky it was low stage but I had to have a total hysterectomy as hormone treatment was off the table because I was borderline on staging. But I am glad now that there is more treatment options around now and it changes as new ideas are found and tried.

I hope you enjoyed your tea and brandy and your swim yesterday, a mile is great to do well done. I have to say that the ladies here were my solace as I joined the Community just after my surgery that was part keyhole part abdomenal as I have a cut from my belly button down and its mostly inside my stitching and only small scars outside, which are fading all the time.

Sending you a big hug

GBear Xxxx 

“life is like a box of chocolates, we search for the good ones first and hope not to have to eat the bad ones"

Macmi1
Posted by

I'm free from hospitals until the pre assessment in nine days time and then surgery 15 days after that.  If only my thoughts would go away for 26 days as well.  In the meantime, I will continue to swim three miles weekly, as I've been told not to, after that.

So difficult to cope with.  I have the choice of surgery, or no surgery, every "decision" has been made for me, and I've not been given any either or options.

One day I may look at this in a positive light but certainly not now.  It doesn't help that I lost my contract job in January and, with holidays in May, I won't be working again until June, but at least my May holidays are safe and maybe good R&R when the time comes.  I know health is more important, but EVERYTHING pivots on this, and I feel my life is on hold until I get over this op, plus all the emotional trauma, and will be physically and mentally fit enough to work again.

Thank you for your kind words.

Still convinced there was no alcohol in the brandy, but I'm taking the bottle with me next Thursday...

GBear
Posted by

Looking forward to your May holiday for some r&r sounds lovely. Are you going anywhere nice?

There is obviously a lot to go though but one thing everyone said to me was "take each day as it comes" it didn't mean much at first but now I understand it. Do you have any hobbies that you enjoy that are relaxing? Some like reading, I for reasons I never thought of, but I love art painting and drawing with my pastels etc. Have a look at the discussions "womb girls arts and crafts" you may find ideas. At the moment I know its overwhelming and understandable too but your surrounded by lovely ladies here who understand exactly how you feel at the moment. I be honest I think I was in shock for months but no matter what I found some grounding and you know just writing down your fears helps to process it all. 

GBear Xxxx 

Macmi1
Posted by

My shock is not yet three weeks old, but what a long three weeks its been.  As previously, always fit and healthy, no hospital experience and suddenly - bang - full on.  Never even had an injection since school days, and never had a blood test until two weeks ago.

the op I can probably cope with, its the whole hospitals and all the before and after stuff that goes with it, and the end.

I walk around (or swim) and wonder who else around me has the C word as well, because they're not wearing it like a broken arm, or similar.

Still love the huggy bears picture!

Our holidays are two cruises - one small one for my partner's birthday and, oh boy, will he have earned it by then, followed by another longer cruise only two weeks later.  Maybe by then I can truly relax again.

We dog walk for the RSPCA and the dogs always make us smile, so must now make sure we do more of that, as I won't be able to afterwards.

When I lost my (contract) job in January I used to tell people that there were plenty of other people worse off than me.  Now I am one of those people worse off than me....

There seems to be plenty more to investigate on this site, so I'm going to have a few C word free days to give me a break, and come back in a few days.

Thank you again.

Arla
Posted by

Hi Macmil,

i love a cruise, that is something great to focus on to get you through your operation and recovery. You are stronger than you think, you are at the worst part just now, you will feel much better when your treatment gets underway.

Lots of love

xxx

hysteria53
Posted by

Hi Macmil, .I feel so sorry reading your posts today and I can feel how scared and upset you are feeling.  It's about ten months since i felt just like you do now.  Only ever been in hospital to have babies and hardly ever saw the doctor.  Then suddenly inwas dealing with a cancer diagnosis.  It was only finding this website and the lovely ladies here that held me together at that time.  I was dreading the operation as I was practically hospital phobic.  But do you know what, nothing was half as bad as I expected.  I got through it all and recovered quite quickly.  You say that you swim and walk and that will surely stand you in good stead.  You would be amazed how many people have or have had cancer.  The sad fact is it is quite a common illness.  The good news is that cancer treatments are improving allmthe time and surgeons have honed their skills.  In our case, womb cancer is one of the more curable types.  I thought I would never get through it but I did.  And you will too.  Xxx

Macmi1
Posted by

Hi hysteria53,

Your words resonate sooo closely with my feelings.  We all have to get though it, we have no choice but some cope better than others, and I'm not coping well.  Your words of hospital phobic ring so true, and from healthy to dangerously ill, too.  It's as if the world has stopped, and I have no interest in anything anymore.

When I'm in the pool, or on the train going home today, I wonder how many people around me have the C word, and are coping better than me, as they don't wear the strain on their face.

It's been a very very long day, but I'm sitting here typing this now, as time is meaningless, and I'm not tired, even after little sleep last night and an early night.

As well as your encouraging words, don't forget that you, too, are one of the "lovely ladies" now helping others, as you were previously helped, and I thank you for your emotional hug and support.

May your future continue to be C free.

XX

Macmi1
Posted by

Oh dear!  Can't you sleep either? Or are you up early for the day?

I have tea, the TV and the laptop, shortly hoping to resume my "night's" sleep to see if I can add anything to the three or four hours before I finally get up later to see if I can have a slightly normal, medical free day, via the swimming pool later to destress.

Next medical apt not for another week, so time off until then but the thoughts and mental anguish doesn't stop.

Have a good day yourself, whatever.  See the daffodils of spring.

Is it too early in the day for a brandy, d'you think?

XX