Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Soooooo three weeks post op tomorrow

Nannydeb
Posted by

Hi guys

I think I'm doing fine, walking daily, scars healing nicely. I'm a little sore around upper left scar area today (I had keyhole hysterectomy)....slight pull but not painful just a little discomfort I'm thinking it's where it's healing? May call the CNS tomorrow to check.

Hope everyone's doing ok......Just thought I'd check in

No menopause symptoms as yet although my skin was itchy last night and my scalp has become dry which is new so maybe this is a symptom. I HAVE MY FAN AT THE READY! Also I do wake 2/3 times a night which is out of the ordinary pre op

God maybe I'm just babbling on and looking into things too much 

Anyway have a good evening peeps

Debbie xxxx

Debs x
Arla
Posted by

Hi Debbie,

It sounds like you are where I was at three weeks post op, I was starting to feel like I could do things and kidding myself that I was healed, I really wasn't lol, so keep taking it easy for a while. Calling your CNS sounds like a good idea to put your mind at ease, they are usually always really helpful. 

My sleep hasn't been great since my op, but it has improved from the early days so hopefully it will settle for you.

Lots of love 

xxx

Nannydeb
Posted by

When was your op hun xxx

Debs x
Arla
Posted by

Hi Debbie,

My op was August 2017, it feels like yesterday in some ways and in others like a lifetime ago. I had my 18 month check up yesterday and all is looking ok (fingers crossed). 

Have they told you what check up you will have? It really varies by area, for me it's every six months for two years then they will keep me open for another three years and I'll be sent on my way after that.

xxx

Nannydeb
Posted by

Not seeing the surgeon till March 22nd (8 weeks post op) I guess they will tell me then all the CNS nurse said was that no further treatment needed and they will keep an eye on my for the next few years. So I guess I'll find out then. Spoke to her today snot my stiches all good I think . Still not sure how far I'm supposed to be walking did just over half a mile today. 

Glad all is good with you xxx

Debbie

Debs x
Nannasuki
Posted by

Hi Debbie. Glad you're recovering well. Regarding the walking, just do what you feel able to do. If you only want to wander around a supermarket or the local shops that's fine, at least you're up and about. If you feel you want to go for a longer walk now we are having some lovely weather, go for it! Maybe plan a circular walk so you don't go too far before having to get back! 

Love 

Nannasuki xx

Fairycake
Posted by

Hi Debbie,

It sounds like all is going well post-op for you. There are no hard and fast rules about how far you should be walking. A lot depends on how fit you were before your op. They key thing is to build up slowly and pace yourself. Arla is quite right to point out that whilst we may feel fit and well it doesn't mean we'll feel like that that every day. If you feel any pain or pulling when you're walking stop immediately and rest and report it to your CNS. You dont want to undo the surgeon's handiwork. Remember that however far you go, you have to walk the same distance back. My surgeon made me promise to always take money & a mobile out with me so that if I suddenly felt tired or unable to contuniue I could call a taxi or a friend or hop on a bus. It's tempting to compare recovery rates with others but this can sometimes prove counter productive if it makes us feel we should be doing more before our bodies are able to do it. Listen to your body and if you need to rest, do. Take care and I hope all goes well when you go to your appointment in March x

hysteria53
Posted by

Hi Deb's, great to hear that your recovery is going so well and that you don't need any further treatment.  Now all you have to do is continue your recovery.  On walking or any other exercise or activity, my advice would be do just a little bit less than you feel able to.  I overdid it a few weeks after my op in the garden heaving and tugging at things.  Was in quite a lot of discomfort and it served me jolly well right.   There's a lot of healing going on inside for some months after the op so take it steady!  Xx