Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Good news!

worried45
Posted by

Hello all- just to let you know that my lovely CNS  rang to tell me that my oncologist has said it’s ok for her to tell me ahead of my appointment next wed that my post-hysterectomy results have shown no spread so it’s all as thought stage 1A grade 1, peritoneal washings also clear.  I’m incredibly relieved and surprised to get the results now especially as yesterday she told me the results are in but have to go via The MDT. I’m glad to say I only need the 5 year follow up appointments so that’s it, it’s gone. I’m so glad I went to the go in the first place I so nearly didn’t. And I’m so grateful for all the supportive words from here. And for all those ladies in a similar position there can be good news, however frightened you are, just as I was xxxx

bellabongo
Posted by

That is really great worried45. You caught it in time! Go and enjoy Christmas my lovely, what a relief

Lots of love 

Alison xxx 

hysteria53
Posted by

wonderful news for you worried, and how compassionate of your nurse to ring you with the results. You must be so relieved. Now go right ahead and have a great Christmas but dont overdo it. Xxx

Nannasuki
Posted by

What great news and a lovely early Xmas present! I'm so happy that you've had a positive outcome .

Much love xx

NannyAnny
Posted by

Excellent News, but look after yourself for a while!!!   xxxxxx

Dove18
Posted by

Hello again,

So pleased  to hear your news!

It takes time to adjust to the news and  to the future. It kind of is life changing in so many ways. 

I was looking at on line stuff from Frasier's ex wife Camille Grammer before my op and she is a great spokesperson now in America for womb cancer.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/cancer/uterine-cancer/camille-grammer-housewives-battle-with-endometrial-cancer/

I never knew who she was before my op as I don't watch much TV but I was just trying to get support and more information.

The diagnosis changes everything!

I am just taking things a day at a time and still slowly adjusting as each week and the challenges are different.

Best wishes

xxx

Fairycake
Posted by

Hello worried45

Absolutely wonderful news. Doing a little happy dance round my kitchen to celebrate with you  Your nurse is one special lady to get back to you like this. Now enjoy Christmas and enjoy life! Love and hugs x

Lara lou xx
Posted by

I have not been on here for a while so I just  thought I would have a little catch up and wahoo worried I’m so so pleased for you, this is the best outcome and the best news ever, talk about the perfect Christmas present , I told you that one day it would be you  reassuring others, now you can understand what I mean can’t you , big hugs my lovely xx

Don’t ever give up hope, there are earth Angels all around us and Miracles really do happen xx
Ruby3
Posted by

So pleased for you. Have a lovely Christmas and best wishes for the New Year xxx

Tinytim
Posted by

Merry Xmas X 

Daydreamer99
Posted by

Hi Worried45

Just catching up on all the posts and saw this. I am so pleased to hear this. What a lovely way to end the year, and now you can relax and just enjoy Christmas.

Really, really happy for you. xx

Joanna80
Posted by

Wonderful news! All the best to you!

Joanna

Joanna80
Posted by

Dove18. the article about Camille Grammar is very interesting. However, I think that she should not portray surgical menopause as something daunting - she says that she kept delaying surgery because she was not ready for "the complications, like bone loss". I went into surgical menopause at 37 because of treatment for endometrial cancer, but I feel great - I don't have any scary "complications" :) As to bone loss (osteoporosis), it is possible to prevent it! 

Joanna

Chickplc
Posted by

Hi Worried45 i havent been on a while so catching up. So pleased for you enjoy xmas xx Dawn

Gusbun
Posted by

So pleased for you, Worried!

Lots of love

Gusbunxxxxxxxxx