Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

The womb girls arts and crafts

GrannyA
Posted by

Absolutely stunning. Well done. x

GrannyA
GBear
Posted by

Looks very warm and cozy . Must of taken ages to stitch together but well worth every minute.

GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“Don't live in the past, but live for today” 

GrannyA
Posted by

you have inspired me. I’ve dug our my knitting. It is just a simple stocking stitch jumper but the back was completed ages ago and then I haven’t touched it since. I’m hoping it keeps me occupied while waiting for scans and appointment with consultant next week! Thank you x

GrannyA
GBear
Posted by

This is a watercolour I did on canvas board, of Bob Dylan, I photographed the picture I was using as reference next to it.

GBear Xxxx 

Fairycake
Posted by

Great picture your technique is improving all the time. Well done x

Little lamb
Posted by

I love the picture gbear. Such a good copy.x

GrannyA
Posted by

Well I set myself the target of finishing the jumper before my surgery and I have! It is very plain and simple but I’ve bought more wool and a more complex pattern for the next one :-) 

GrannyA
NannyAnny
Posted by

Well Done!!! I love the colour. xxxxxx

Fairycake
Posted by

Well done . I love the colour, just right for summer x

GBear
Posted by

Well done , I like the colour and I am looking forward to seeing your next project. 

GBear Xxxx 

Kircal
Posted by

Well done Granny A. You deserve a big pat on the back. It's always exciting to start a project but sometimes it's a real effort to finish it. You've done a great job. 

My most recently completed little jumper is below. I used a fairly plain pattern that I had and adapted it with coloured wools. Hopefully my little grandson will enjoy wearing it in a few months time

daloni
Posted by

I made a Harry Potter  

My niece sent me an over excited WhatsApp to say Aldi are selling HP and hedwig kits and could she have one please? I checked  online and they’d sold out but kits, retailing at £3.99,  were available on eBay for £9 to £30! Shocking profiteering I thought and complained to a friend. Next thing I know, she’s calling me from our local Aldi where she’d found a couple of kits. Did I want them? Yes please. She arrived with five, yes five, of them. I shall be crocheting HPs and owls to kingdom come

Fairycake
Posted by

Ah that's lovely, Your grandson will be a very dashing young man in that x

Fairycake
Posted by

he's quite cute! My friend is crocheting little rabbits for a themed party and says she's now seeing them in her sleep! Lots of love xx

GrannyA
Posted by

Thank you Kircal. You’re grandson will look lovely in it I’m sure. 

Daloni that was good of your friend getting you the kits. Good job you made too! 

GrannyA