Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

The womb girls arts and crafts

NannyAnny
Posted by

I love the material, Daloni.

I know I am one of the oldest on here, but does anyone else remember silver paper pictures? I must have been 8 or 9, visiting my great grandmother, and have vivid memories of pictures on her wall with bright silver paper designs on a black background. I was telling my grand daughter at the weekend, so we made a picture with silver paper from her Easter eggs!!! Unfortunately I was too busy to take a photo!!

Kircal
Posted by

Lovely fabric. Patrick off The Sewing Bee would compliment you on your excellent pattern matching 

daloni
Posted by

Hi

I use Middlesex Textiles in Middlesex Street. It’s one of several shops in the area but it is by far the best value. That fabric was, I think, £10 for 6 yards. Might have been £15. It’s a lovely soft cotton. They do online orders but I prefer to go in person so I can feel the fabric.

http://www.middlesextextiles.com/

There’s also a good shop just opposite Upton Park tube but I forget what it’s called. I’m told you can get them in the Goldhawk Road in Shepherd’s Bush too. 

Xx

daloni
Posted by

I sure do, . They still sell them at our local toy/stationery shop. I have one done by my daughter in my kitchen 

Arla
Posted by

I love them Daloni,

I was in Greenwich market on holiday a few weeks ago and I thought of you when I saw a lady sewing / selling beautiful clothes made from African fabrics, if I'd had longer there I'd have been tempted to ask for a dress. 

I'm impressed with your pattern matching too, ive been watching the great British sewing bee and know its difficult to do lol! 

Xxx

GBear
Posted by

I saw this in a magazine and decided to paint it. I give it a name "will you be mine?" I thought they looked so cute.

GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“life is like a box of chocolates, we search for the good ones first and hope not to have to eat the bad ones"

daloni
Posted by

I’m quite proud of this - a crocheted blanket called Delft that’s based on blue Delft pottery. 

DINAH MAY
Posted by

wow I love this X

daloni
Posted by

Thanks

xx

Fairycake
Posted by

Wonderful, just wonderful! xx

DINAH MAY
Posted by

I want one too xxxxxx

worried45
Posted by

This is stunning it really is xxx

daloni
Posted by

Thank you @fairycake

It was a lot of work - the border alone has some 5000 stitches but then I’ve had a lot of sofa days. It’s a lovely pattern though and the colours work so well 

xx

Kircal
Posted by

Hi Daloni

you are quite right to feel very proud of your work. It's lovely. The colours go really well together. There are advantages to sofa days and this is one of them. It must have taken you hours. Great talent, your girls will be fighting over it

Arla
Posted by

Wow this is beautiful, it looks like it must have taken months to do with all the detail, it really is stunning. Your family and friends must be queuing round the block for your handy work! 

xxx