Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

The womb girls arts and crafts

GBear
Posted by

I decided to start a thread for any arts and crafts you do and want to share. I know I post in others but I just wanted to share how much its helping to calm my mind and would definitly recommend everyone having a go. You don't have to be prefect just happy with your own achievement. Its Daloni that actually gave me this idea for a thread with her wonderful things she makes. So here is our very own girls.

My latest project...

I have done the shading but I think I may add some colour maybe watercolor not totally decided yet.

GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“Don't live in the past, but live for today” 

Arla
Posted by

Looking good Gbear, I don't think my crafts would pass muster, the best I can do is an adult colouring book lol.

Xxx

AnnMT
Posted by

Oh I love that and I love art but have no idea how to upload one of my pictures! Lol

TeddysMum
Posted by

I like to lose myself in watercolour, patchy end results but brilliant way to forget all worries for a while.

TeddysMum
Posted by

A recent effort.....

Arla
Posted by

I love it Teddysmum, it's right up my street x

TeddysMum
Posted by

And an attempt at a hedgehog...

LittleRunner
Posted by

A lovely idea for a thread. Love seeing the pictures. Well done peoples.

bellabongo
Posted by

Brilliant! Xx

GBear
Posted by

Like i said  doesnt have to be prefect or a master piece if colouring in pictures in your book gives you that little bit of a break from your worries and or you simpy enjoy it, then that’s awesome.  i love them both but i do really love the hedgehog wow that’s beautiful.

GBear Xxxx 

GBear
Posted by

Hello ,

Firstly do you have a smartphone with camera? I ask because i found i can add photos from my camera but not my ipad i think makes them too big and i am unsure how to make them smaller. But if you go into the old editor and click on the computer screen with a + sign, you get a box where it asks you to brouse to find file, click on your photos or sometimes documents it depends how it saves, scroll to the one you want and click it, once its uploaded then you should see a preview of it then press to insert it. I have been finding lately that its abit temperamental and you have to repeat the process but otherwise you should see your photo in the post box. I hope it works and i am glad people like the idea too. After finding how it’s helping my mind, to focus on something else, just for that short am of time i was able to forget about my pain.i didnt tgink i was any good but then i found its not about being fantastic artist etc , its about you feeling some relief even if its only for a short time, now thats better then any masterpiece.

GBear Xxxx 

GBear
Posted by

A tip that was given me, is to look for images online for what you like, landscape, wildlife etc apart from you can get a srep by step guide how to draw or paint, you could also save the image and insert into a word document and you could make it bigger or smaller depending, print onto thin card and cut round it and you have your very own stencil, alot cheaper then buying it and it will help with your confidence because you can draw round to get your basic outline then colour in the detail. Worth a thought.

GBear Xxxx 

AnnMT
Posted by

Thank you I'll give it a shot GBear And youre right - its not about being Picasso - its the therapy that comes from creating something and spending time in the moment x

AnnMT
Posted by

Doodling ☺

Fairycake
Posted by

Well said Ann. There's a lot of interesting articles and discussion on the internet about how arts and crafts and generally doing something creative can be helpful to building esteem and boosting wellbeing. It has social benefits too as GBear has explained. We don't have to be brilliant at what we do, just so long as we enjoy doing it! Looking forward to seeing lots of posts of all types of arts and crafts here! xx