Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Follow up results

Lara lou xx
Posted by

Hi everyone, well I’m back from the hospital and I’m so relieved, my histology report showed I had cancer as well as pre cancer cells but the good news  is I was still grade 1 stage 1a, I’m so relieved, I’m not going to make a big thing of it though cos I feel sad for many others on here  at the moment, it feels wrong to be excited etc but I wanted to update you all , I’m not being seen like the rest of you I’m literally being seen once more in 6 months and then once a year for the next four years, not sure that’s enough but in a way it suits me, I’m happy to go with that unless a problem crops up, thank you all so much for your suppoet , you have been such an amazing bunch at such a scary time in my life  a big hug to every single one of you love you all xx xx

Fairycake
Posted by

LaraLou that's fabulous news! Yes we are indeed sad for other ladies who haven't had such good results and who are struggling at the moment and our hearts go out to them, but we also celebrate your good news with you. I'm doing a happy dance round my kitchen in your honour and sending you love and warm hugs x

hysteria53
Posted by

I'm so pleased for you Lara and you have every right to celebrate you good news, everyone will be pleased for you as I am. I know how relieved andhappy you must feel now and I'm pleased you are sharing that with us. I've been checking online for a while now waiting for your news and I couldn't be more pleased xxxx

phin
Posted by

How lovely to hear such good news.

You take good care of yourself.

Lesley x

GBear
Posted by

That's really great news Lara Lou, remember we celebrate the good and give some support for the bad. Never feel bad for feeling happy and relieved its great, and it gives everyone hope. Hope is such a precious thing. Fantastic news indeed.

Poppysmum27
Posted by

So pleased you won't need any further treatment Lara, such a relief for you!  It's always nice to hear when someone gets good news!

Hugs, Lesley xx

Horribly Confused
Posted by

Lara Lou that is such excellent news !!!

im no expert, still quite new here and still trying to get my head around my recent diagnosis but reading your results gave me massive hope.

You shouldnt feel bad at all for posting the good news, i for one read it just after posting about a bad moment i had... and i felt glad... and relieved too really, as though there really IS some hope.

Ive had a bit of a wobble after an upbeat day but reading your post about your good news i felt a sense of joy for you, and, to be perfectly honest for ME too, because it shows that things Can and Will be ok...

thank you for that - and enjoy your excellent news

x

DaisyGB
Posted by

So pleased for you, that's great news.  It's always good to hear good news.  Take care and get on with enjoying life.  Lots of Love x

Arla
Posted by

Woohooo great news Lara Lou, I hope you have some celebrating planned. I've been checking all afternoon to see how you got on.

I've got three more six monthly checks then I'm set free to deal with myself, so only being followed up for two years. Seeing the dread on my face my CNS let me know that I can phone in to them at any time after that if I have symptoms, hopefully it'll be the same for you too.

Lots of love 

Xxx

Gusbun
Posted by

So happy to hear your news but don’t feel bad if it takes you a while to get used to it being good news!

It’s fantastic for you.

Lots of love 

Gusbun xx

LittleRunner
Posted by

Lara Lou great news and a relief for you. Glad to hear it.

Lara lou xx
Posted by

Thank you fairy cake, the happy dance was something I was convinced I would never see, I still can’t believe it xx keep dancing Hun xx

Lara lou xx
Posted by

Thank you so much hyst, that is so generous of you and as you know you are one of those ladies I feel sad for, but seeing you today all positive did cheer me up, when you start treatment Hun I’ll be ride their beside you xx

Lara lou xx
Posted by

Thank you so much Lesley, I will look after myself,you take care to Hun xx

Lara lou xx
Posted by

GBear, thank you so much hunnie xx