Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

A simple thank you to my friends

Ms Muggle
Posted by

There's something I'd really like to say to everyone in this group. Yes, I'm relieved about the scan results. However, I don't think I could have maintained any semblance of sanity without the special ladies here. Although, it's one bit of positive news and I don't delude myself into believing this is going to be smooth sailing, with the help and warmth of everyone here, you have changed my life.

It's rather like feeling I have a home where I can be me ... afraid, sad, whiney, gain information and insight, and be happy for others when I see your progress. This is the only place where I can truly be me without a façade.

Sometimes I feel a little selfish, since it seems I gain more than I give. I just don't want that ever to be the case. We're kind of like this family of people who've come together through adversity.

I treasure each and every one of you. I might not be here today had it not been for your encouragement.

Jan xx

Jojo11
Posted by

Oh Jan- what a lovely post! I think you have expressed what many of us feel.

Rejoice in your good news and long may it continue.

Mel54
Posted by

What a lovely post and I couldn't agree more. 

Mel xx

Fairycake
Posted by

What a lovely thing to say Jan. Please don't feel you take more than you give because it's not true. My friend puts it like this - when geese fly in formation,there's always one goose at the front who takes the lead. When it tires, it drops to the back of the formation and two others fly with it, supporting it, until it regains strength. This cycle continues and one day the goose will once more take it's turn at leading the flock. Same with giving and receiving support -we are all here giving and receiving support as we need it, knowing that we're all here for each other, sharing the good and the bad times and that means a lot! Thank you Jan for sharing and for caring xx 

Munk3y
Posted by

Jan , what you said is so true,I have  such a supportive family and wonderful friends but I can't tell them some stuff because I don't want to scare them or make them worry or be upset , this is why thus group is so good everyone knows what the score is and you really don't feel on your own x 

KaliC
Posted by

Hi Jan

What a lovely post - it's exactly how I feel too xxx the only place where I can share my fears and anxieties without being judged x thank you for putting it into words x I have also felt supported by your good self too xx

Carol x

Jojo11
Posted by

Hi all,

I particularly appreciate everyone on here as I live on my own. Going through this sort of thing alone is made less hard by the friendship demonstrated here. 

daloni
Posted by

There's something I'd like to say too. You're welcome Jan. Thanks for being here and everything you bring to our community 

Xxx

Kircal
Posted by

Your words express my thoughts too. This community gives us the strength to face the unknown. Thank you for putting it into words

Ms Muggle
Posted by

Thank you. It was heartfelt.

For a few months, (until the next scanxiety), I'm going to do that very thing. It's the longest period I've had free of hospital visits!

Jan xx

Ms Muggle
Posted by

Thank you so much, Mel.

Jan xx

Ms Muggle
Posted by

It's heartfelt, Fairycake. Thank you for saying this to me. I love the analogy of the geese. It's so very true, thinking of it that way. It really is about give and take, being strong for the weary, optimistic for the pessimistic, and sharing and caring all the time. 

Thank you.

Jan xx

Ms Muggle
Posted by

Thank you so much for your lovely words, Daloni. It means so much.

Jan xx

Ms Muggle
Posted by

Yes, this community is so special. There isn't much in this world we have to face that is worse than the unknown. This community gives us that strength.

Thank you.

Jan xx

Ms Muggle
Posted by

Hi Jojo,

Although I live with my husband, there is only one dear friend with whom I've shared these last three years. Sadly, she died a year ago. No one in my family is aware of any of it. 

My husband cannot deal with the emotion. It leaves him helpless. So, yes, I'm quite nearly in your position as well. It is made so much easier by the friendship and bonds here.

I'm really glad you're here, Jojo.

Jan xx