Womb (uterus) cancer

A place for people affected by womb cancer (also known as uterus or endometrial cancer) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Three Good Things

Kalliope
Posted by

How are you today, Thorn? Thank you, despite fatigue and aches I pains I have decided that it WILL be a good day! I have a feeling much tea will be required....

Thorn
Posted by

Hi Kalliope ,

Mentally I am fine just still getting a lot of discomfort from my back injury, But still positive   Looking through holidays for May to Ireland. Off to make a cuppa now , have a great time you deserve it.

Love Elaine xx

daloni
Posted by

My husband dug out one of the compost bins that have been maturing for four years. I've just not had the strength. What came out was pure, brown, crumbly gold. 

He also bought me two nice new shirts. One plaid and soft. The other silk and red. 

I went to a nice exhibition at the hospice

Xx

Twinstwice22
Posted by

1. Hit my 2 stone weight loss target, Yeahy. 

2. My knee's better so I can get back to the gym. 

3. Surprise all expenses paid trip to London next weekend to see my sister who I haven't seen for 12 years and my best friend from school who I haven't seen for 25 years. It will be so much better than Facebook or Skype. They both live abroad. 

Kalliope
Posted by

I realised that the thread here reminded me of our Three Good Things thread, and that I hadn't posted in a while. I do so enjoy reading everyone's different good things; maybe I should read through all the posts from the beginning!

Saturday :

I had a good chat on the phone with a dear friend who I don't see often. I really want to visit her soon.

Some family worries are looking like they will be arranged to everyone's satisfaction and comfort sooner than we thought. It looks like I may need to flex my interior design skills soon for my grandma if all goes to plan and she can get the flat she wants (and needs!).

There is a lot of blossom out near my home. I don't think much explanation is required for that...

Jojo11
Posted by

My three good things:

Spring is really underway , the magnolia tree I see from my kitchen window is magnificent 

Had a long Skype chat with my best friend in Australia

And tomorrow I'm off to Kew Gardens 

daloni
Posted by

A lovely weekend with old friends 

A walk in the park 

Cheese. Mmmmmm. 

tarroshea
Posted by

Called to see my grandsons to be met by my beautiful Ollie 9 months walking and smiling at me down the hall to meet me .

Same day take my other grandson Noah 3 years shopping at Waitrose he loves zapping things telling me about a gold rabbit in the shop that he would like . He knew where it was( Lindt ) He was so serious and as he told me He loves chocolate .

Sitting and chatting with my son a rare occasion

Love Tarn

Lin47
Posted by

Well the first good thing is .. I took the bus to town and I meandered about shopping for nothing in the event  I bought a nice table lamp for my hallway from TKMax ( bringing it home at 5pm on the bus was an experience .. lol .. 

I don't watch much tv .. I really struggle with it I can't stay sat down long enough to watch .... I'm more of a reader but I do like university challenge.. so I sat and watched that... being really annoying I suspect shouting out the answers ..mostly wrong .. but hey music .. I'm in my element .. so I knew more than the panellists .. only because I have a Puccini pashion .. 

so then I climb the wooden hill ..open my jewellery box to put my favourite pearl earrings away and low and behold there's my Dad .. well a tiny photograph of him taken in the 1930s when he was so handsome and so young .. I found this picture in a very old family bible amongst my mothers things when she died .. I had it reproduced and enhanced and Put in a frame which hangs on my most looked upon wall in my lounge ..

the original was/is so precious to me because he signed the back of it in his most stunningly beautiful handwriting saying to my mum .. I love you Ivy  ... please be my sweetheart ... Sam xx ..

so all in all today has been the tops .. I didn't fall,asleep on the bus home.. I'm a smarty pants .. and my precious ,precious dads back at the side of my bed .as I nod off ... ..wonderful ... 

Kalliope
Posted by

I was going to post my three good things for this evening, and then I noticed that this thread has 399 posts (400 hundred now), and even taking into account the posts where we have chatted or responded to other people's good things, there are likely more than ONE THOUSAND good things and moments here. That's pretty amazing! I feel the need to do a happy dance right here and now

Thorn
Posted by

Hi Kalliope,

Absolutely wonderful picture so cute thank you for posting it .

Love and hugs to all here.

Love Elaine xxx

daloni
Posted by

Who'd have thought? Over a thousand good things. 

Mine for today are: 

A swim. Just two of us in the pool and then the sauna to myself. Bliss. 

Choir practice - just one more now before the concert. 

And finally a cup of tea. 

Sleep well xx

Never1
Posted by

1000 - when is the 3 good thing's birthday?

Mine are:

Lunch with my sisters

My teenage son has been happy today

I had a small bar of chocolate. It was gorgeous.

Oh, and I had my 4 monthly checks up - all clear. Phew again. 

Happy days ladies. Xx

Thorn
Posted by

Congratulations on  your all clear check up Never 1 . Love Elaine xx

Lin47
Posted by

Never1

1000 - when is the 3 good thing's birthday?

Mine are:

Lunch with my sisters

My teenage son has been happy today

I had a small bar of chocolate. It was gorgeous.

Oh, and I had my 4 monthly checks up - all clear. Phew again. 

Happy days ladies. Xx

sounds fabulous to me .... Never  ..keep up the good work ... very happy days indeed..... night everyone one sleep well and wake up feeling free of every thing negative that's my prayer for us all tonight ...