Just been diagnosed

• 38 replies
  • 76 subscribers

Hi Everyone

I was diagnosed with Endometrial carcimona stage l on Tuesday this week.

Emotions are all over the place at the moment, crying one minute angry the next, 

I had MRI/CT Thursday so waiting on  results and the MDT to advise my treatment plan.

Its the waiting and the not knowing that is hardest to take.

I know I am omly starting on this journey, but hope being able to chat with others who have or going through the same  will help me also to come to terms with it.

Honey B

• Hi Honey B.   Sorry to hear you are on this journey with us.   Welcome to our community.   It’s really hard when you first get your diagnosis but we’ve all been there and understand that your emotions are all over the place.  

You've come to the right place for help, guidance and a shoulder to cry on.  There is always someone around to help you with any problems you might have.   You can ask away, rant or just feel sorry for yourself.  The lovely ladies on here have been where you are now, are having treatment or have come out the other side stronger.  I am 3 weeks post operation and I can assure you that it’s not as bad as you think  

Please look after yourself and let us on here help you.  The waiting is awful but you will get through if you ask questions.  

Take care.  Sending you a big hug. 
    Maureen. Xx

• Hi HoneyB, welcome to the group! I can well remember when I got my news (Nov 21) and then the daily battle to get my emotions and thoughts in balance, and trying to find a way forward, and deal with all the waiting. It’s great that you had your MRI/CT so soon afterwards, and if your MDT meets on a Tuesday (which *may* be the case as you heard your news on a Tuesday) you might possibly get your results Tuesday, or it might be the following week. I had my hysterectomy in Jan 22 and finished my radiotherapy last week. We have a lovely group here and there will be support for you as and when you want it! 

• Thanks for the lovely welcome,

Im sure ill have lots of questions to ask once i get my results and know the treatment plan.

Its comforting to know that you are here for support .

Take care  

1. Xx
  • Hi . We can all remember when we wrote our first posts here, full of shock, anger and emotions we'd not even experienced but quickly found we're not alone and there's masses of love and support here.

We all agree the waiting is so debilitating but you'll get through this and anytime you want to chat or sound off feel free to do so! We've all done it!

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and how you came to find yourself here. Why not take a few moments to update your profile. It's always helpful for us to read if we want to ask you questions and you also won't end up repeating yourself. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) . You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it really useful.

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

You might also find this link to what to take in my overnight bag useful for when you have surgery.

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Honey B

A warm welcome to the group. We have all been in your position and are here to help and support you. There are lovely ladies on here with lots of experience. The waiting is the worst, we all agree on that!

Click on my name to read my profile. Personally, I feel that I have come to terms with it in one sense but at other times still feel that is happening to someone else. I think a lot of us have come through this journey at speed so it is hard at times. All I'm trying to say is don't expect too much of yourself at this point, I'm still muddling through and learning as I go.

Take care

Amanda x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Hi Honey B, welcome. You will find lots of support here, and it's so nice to be able to reach out to others as well as the support line. I was the same as you 5 mths ago. Got my diagnoses 29th Dec, stage 1 too. I have to say my head was all over the place for 4 mths, and if it wasn't for the support of MacMillan i think i would have gone crazy. I hope you get a good treatment plan, i have to have biopsies every 3 months until i have lost enough weight. There are days i just want it all out. You are bound to feel emotional, it's a big shock. We are all here for you.

• Hi .   I  was also diagnosed with endometrial cancer just over a week ago and can fully understand what you are going through.  I have my MRI next Tuesday but just cant shake the sense of doom that I feel but from what others have said this is a normal response. My mind changes hourly from trying to remain positive to feeling that there is no hope for me. You are lucky that your MRI was done quickly so hopefully you will get your treatment plan soon. The waiting around and not knowing is mental torture. Let us know how you get on. X

• Hi Ejax, so glad you have your MRI date - when you say next Tuesday do you mean this coming Tuesday? The mental ups and downs you describe are definitely what most if not all of us experience - you will see it described as a roller coaster, and that’s one of the reasons why. 

• Hello  you are in the right place for support, questions answered a place for a rant and also hugs when you need them. It’s a difficult time when you are firstly diagnosed as it’s fear of the unknown. I was in the same place a couple of months ago, now I’m 7 weeks post operation and just waiting to start treatment. Believe me it’s doable, just take each step one at a time, don’t Google, it’s the worst thing to do, ask the lovely ladies on here about their experiences- it’s made me feel so much better. There is a lot of waiting for one thing or another, scans, results, appointments, but you will get through it 

Chrissie xx

• Hello HoneyB

Sorry you found yourself having to join this group but its by far best place for real time first hand experiences  from our lovely ladies,  there is always some one here to respond to a question or just listen and share your concerns because we understand  going through the same as you. Some are further on in the journey but the advice is incredible.  We will support you when you need it most.  Like Mrsceedee says, take one thing at a time and process.  The waiting is the worst but it comes round,  fill your days with things you enjoy doing and keep a positive mind that you will come through this stronger than ever. There are many ladies on here cured so it's possible.  Don't write yourself off! You will get through! Take care of yourself too.

PS please click on my username to read my bio, if it helps, I have had Grade 3 Serous Cancer ( one of the worst womb cancers)

Xxx

Mad