Returnee

• 1 reply
  • 69 subscribers

Hi I had a hysteroscopy 3 years ago and because I joined the site I became empowered to ask for it to be performed under General.

The biopsy was fine, I had fibroids and some thickening and apart from feeling very grotty and in pain for several days that was the end of it..

Unfortunately I’ve began spotting and having terrible pains.  I was seen in urgent care and given antibiotics for UTI and yes, on examination it was confirmed I’m bleeding.

So I’ve been referred under 2 week rule and I know I will have to demand a general again as even a routine examination is difficult for me.

I’m suffering with pain but unsure if it’s from the UTI or my womb or probably both, it’s day 3 of antibiotics so I’m not feeling quite as poorly.

You lovely ladies held my hand last time and I’m reaching out again for your support and a safe place I can air my thoughts PrayHeart

• Hi , welcome back to our little corner of the Online Community. Sorry to hear about your pain and spotting but good to hear the antibiotics seem to be helping.  You've done the right thing to ask for a general. I myself haven't had children so any examination was always painful for me, especially when I had a stenosed cervix. My hysteroscopy was done under general (Epidural)

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcome back hugs, B xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett