Vulva cancer

Affected by VIN (a pre-cancerous condition) or vulva cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

13th operation for vin and ain 3

jodspods83
Posted by

Hello, I’m doing ok just had my last stitch removed yesterday. I do have a couple of new lesions but only vin1 for now. I’m sorry to hear you had yours on New Year’s Eve but at least you entered 2020 in a better place. The best piece of advice I can offer you about looking at it is... do look at it and even if you feel disgusted or emotional about it, just keep looking coz one day you will look it will start to look better and you will have appreciation for the scars that saved your life. Give it time and stay positive always. You’ve got this  keep me posted on your results xx

marstew
Posted by

Hey there.  I had my surgery on the 3rd.  Felt ok the first two days but today I feel terrible.  Hoping that it is not infected.  I looked at my incision yesterday.  it was not great. how long are you taking off? 

Don7731
Posted by

Thanks for your reply and positive words xxx it’s a roller coaster hey or emotions when it comes to your private’s I mean it’s not something you can talk about to many x so glad I have found this forum x I’ve been out on 5 mile  walk today in shorts ha ha as knickers no good at moment lol but I’m feeling positive and we are alive and we have a future so hey we have lots to look forward to xxx hope your ok sorry to hear about lesions I hope they are treated soon xx

Don7731
Posted by

Hi sorry to hear your not feeling to great if you have concerns I would contact the ward that performed your operation or contact your GP they will examine you for infection xx they told  me not to sit in baths and have showers so I’ve stuck to that and let lots of air at you know your parts to heal xx I’ve taken two weeks off work being honest I feel no pain or much discomfort at moment I only took painkillers first day x maybe I just heal well as I healed quickly after I had c section x sending you lots of prayers and keep positive xxx

Emma fran
Posted by

Hey chick..so sorry for late reply..been manic..i had a phone call today from my surgeon and the biospy came back from my op as has 2 leisons and i have vulva cancer...im gutted and upset..he wants a secind opion so have to wait for that then ill get a ct scan to see if ota anywhere else ..im being postitive and hoping they got it all out..what a way to start the new year eh..honestly lige is so shit sometimes i gotta stay strong for my baby girl ..anyway enough of me ranting..how u doing..i hope u are ok..its a shame noone lives up here in Newcastle as be nice to chat face to face ..please try and stay positive also my faury looks ok to be honest like a shark attack slightly..but hey u gotta laugh ....thinking off u..sending lots of love xxxxx

Emma fran
Posted by

Hey chick..how u doing ..im so sorry to hear u struggling a bit ..it will get easier im sure..it has to right..when i checked mine i got a fright..like a god dam shark attack but hey im still alive ...i got my results today a lovely phone call to say i have vulva cancer..but he wants a second opinion so just a waiting game yet again ..im praying he got it wrong ..anyway enough of me winging ..i do hope u ok and ill be thibking off u..sending lots if love xxxxx

jodspods83
Posted by

Oh hey, I hope your Christmas and new year went well

I’m so sorry to hear that you have got to go through this waiting game again. The not knowing is the worst. Do you have white patches? That you can see down there yourself?
it’s not whinging it’s releasing the strain any way you can and I’m happy to see your name come up but I wish it was for better reasons coz you don’t deserve this!!

I'm always here if you need a rant remember, that way your husband won’t feel like your punching bag. I wish you all the luck in the world xxx

jodspods83
Posted by

You will get through it! I’m sure of that! They would have caught it early enough if he is wanting a second opinion so hopefully the surgery won’t be to invasive. However if it is and you look at your fairy and it looks like a car crash, it gets so much better trust me! 

it’s all about saving yourself and staying focused for yourself mainly but also for your baby and partner. 

I’m down in London but if we venture up your way I will be sure to let you know. 

you’ve got this remember that  xxx

Don7731
Posted by

Sorry just read this now x really really shocked to read this I can only imagine how your feeling but hey he’s saying to you he wants a second opinion so that’s something to focus on but not sure why he’s telling you that you have cancer but then saying that as it’s a weird and messed up thing to do xx your in my thoughts and keep positive as you are babe and your going to be fine it’s early they have found it ok xxx I’m ok waiting on my biopsy results from lesion too god I feel sick with it xxxx 

jodspods83
Posted by

Good luck with your results do you know when you get them?  Just keep positive I know how you are feeling but once it all becomes too much you have a really hard time and then all of a sudden it gives you a glimmer of hope. Keep going xxx

Don7731
Posted by

Hi I have dissolvable stitches but you say your having yours removed so maybe it’s just different stitches for different areas hey x I’m ok it’s been just over a week so will take time won’t it I’ve only looked twice and caught infection so was back in the hospital two days ago they gave me antibiotics x I’m praying we are all ok inc Emma xx just read her message xx

jodspods83
Posted by

My stitches were suppose to be dissolvable and like you my body use to get infections but since having the hpv vaccine my body is now healing better and it held on to the stitches so much that I had to have an op to have them removed. 

I’m sure we will all get there we have to stay strong and positive xxx

Emma fran
Posted by

Thanks for the lush messages girls that means a lot ..im hoping as he said a second opion that is a good thing but hey u gotta stay postive we all do it then what is the point and this would take over our lives ...it is a bummer we all dont live closer as that would be awesome to chat to u all..im hoping u all ok and keep posting in here as its so lush to have a great group to talk too..thanks agian girls ..u are all strong women and we will fight this shit..it aint gonna beat us ..lots of love xxxx

jodspods83
Posted by

No worries  you just stay positive as you say and good things will come. You may have to face a lot of hurdles in the meantime but we will all get there. 

me and my partner are trying to find a donor to start our family at last and I’m super excited!

take care guys and keep them smiles upon your faces xxx

Emma fran
Posted by

Hey hun...think i replied but forget to say no i dont remember seeing any white patches..mine was like red and inflamed but i think he said it was the smaller one which i didn't even see at all...im waiting on my letter as so hard to take it all in from a phone call ...xxxxxx