Vulva cancer

Affected by VIN (a pre-cancerous condition) or vulva cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Suggestions for my surgery next week?

sbmurphy24
Posted by

Hi. Am scheduled for a wide excision for 2 squamous cell carcinoma lesions next week. Am starting to freak out about the procedure and what post-op will be like. I'm planning on getting a sitz bath and donut to sit on... And have a zero gravity chair for resting...

But... Can any of you give me suggestions/inside scoop? I'd be very grateful for the help. 

Many thanks in advance. 

Sbmurphy24

gizmom
Posted by

Hi I'am fairly new to this site also but I have had a wide excision on June 10th and then I had surgery on July 29th for radical vulectomy because they did not get good enough borders on the first surgery I also had lymph nodes removed on both sides and I just had drains removed this week. I did not have a lot of pain from either surgeries I did stay overnight for my first surgery and a week for my second surgery. I would suggest keeping it clean is very important I was given a squeeze bottle to use after each time I used the bathroom. I hope you will have help at home also. I made sure I ate more protein to help with healing and don't over do to quickly as you don't want to pull a stitch as it will take longer to heal. I just sat on soft pillows and reclined back to take some pressure off the area and I used chucks for any discharge or blood because I did not wear underwear. 

Wishing you the best

Gizmom