Vulva cancer

Affected by VIN (a pre-cancerous condition) or vulva cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

VIN 2

Thunderbeach1
Posted by

Hi everyone.  Can anyone tell me about their experience with VIN 2.  I had partial vulvectomy 3 years ago for VIN 3.  Recent biopsy showed VIN 2.  My biopsy was 3 months ago and only having a follow up with my gynecologist at colposcopy this coming week.  Only know about the VIN 2 because my GP was relentless in tracking down my gynae who did not contact me directly about it.  I feel that he is treating it as a non urgent matter and while that is good in some regard I am concerned that he may be a little too relaxed about it.  Should VIN 2 be removed surgically?  Has anyone with VIN 2 had it removed or is it just monitored?  Having had VIN 3 I feel that removing it would be a better option given it could turn to VIN 3 again.  

Any feedback would be great,  thank you, Anne 

elmslav
Posted by

Anne, I'm sorry you are feeling like your doctor is possibly being a little too relaxed; I wouldn't like that feeling either especially since you've had VIN 3 and surgery prior. So many doctors treat VIN stages differently so take any comments with a grain of salt and you make your decision based on what your doctors say and what you feel comfortable with.

My gyne onc surgeon treats my VIN 2 with surgery. I've tried Aldara before for VIN 1 (no success though) but I've read on here many women have done Aldara for VIN 1 &2 and had great success.

Please keep us posted as to what you find out this week. Take care of yourself.
Lisa

Lisa from USA Michigan

Thunderbeach1
Posted by

Hi Lisa thanks for commenting.  I am just concerned because it’s 14 weeks since biopsies and only seeing him tomorrow.  There is an open sore down there which I  believe is where the VIN 2 is.  I won’t be happy leaving it there.  As much as I don’t want surgery I’d rather have it removed.  It would be a small area with margins.  He may very well say he wants to remove it.  He’s just never delayed so much on anything like this before.  I will be adamant that I would rather have it cut out.  I’ve had vin 3 and ain 3 so it’s probably heading that way so why wait.  I don’t want it to get to VIN 3 again.  Thanks for your kind words.  Hope you’re doing well.  I’m in Ireland I’ll keep you posted .

anne. Xxx