Vagina cancer

Affected by vagina cancer or VAIN (a pre-cancerous condition)? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

No Vagina

bumblerocks
Posted by

Hi I am new to this site but I would like to get as much information as I can on woman that have had surgery. I have no vagina at the moment and im going down the dilating road before they use skin graft to make a new vagina I would really like to know if other woman have had skin graft surgary and if there has been a success rate with it do they use it as a normal women would as I am only 20 years old this is a very hard subject to approach I would like to thanks anyone that could give me some information thanks again Nicole 

Priscilla - admin
Posted by

Hi Nicole,

Welcome to the Online Community. I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this surgery - it's understandable that you have a lot of questions and concerns.

I'm sorry to see that you haven't had any responses yet - as this is a rare cancer type, this is not as busy as some of our other groups, but I do hope that someone will be along to post a response soon. Even if they haven't had the exact same experience, it may help to talk to someone who has experience of surgery in this area.

In the meantime, I really recommend giving our nurses a call on the free Macmillan Support Line. They can provide information and help answer some of your questions about surgery. And you can also call if you just need a chat or some emotional support.

It's free to call and the number is 0808 808 0000 (Mon-Fri, 9am-8pm).

We also have some information about vagina cancer and other useful organisations over on our main website.

Take care,

Priscilla

Shallow
Posted by

Hey Bumblerocks how are you now? Xx