Vagina cancer

Affected by vagina cancer or VAIN (a pre-cancerous condition)? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Endometrial cancer in the vagina

jumpout
Posted by

I am on Letrozole tablet for Endometrial cancer in the vagina and wondered if anyone else has other treatment for this.

Janet

Zebu dee
Posted by

Hi Janet, it's really scary when someone tells you that you've cancer even more so when vaginal cancer is so rare. I hope you are progressing well with your treatment plan ❤️

I was diagnosed in Dec 12 with vaginal cancer and after 6 Cisplatin chemo, 35 Radiotherapy, 2 Internal Radiotherapy and then surgery I'm alive and kicking.  
Keep staying positive and if you have any concerns about your treatment just ask your Consultant what other options are open to you.
I wish you love and Blessings on your recovery.
Best Wishes Carol x
jumpout
Posted by

Hi Carol, thank you for your reply.

Goodness, that sounds a lot of treatment, how do you feel now? I really hope it has worked for you.

I also have lung Mets (both vagina and lung Mets spread from endometrial cancer)

I am on just one Letrozole tablet per day, in the hope that it will block estrogen,

this is for 3 weeks then CT scan to see if they are working, if not, some other treatment, not sure what.

Thank you for your kind words, I do feel very tearful now, was ok for the first few weeks.

Janet x 

jumpout
Posted by

Hi, sorry I should say 3 months not 3weeks

Janet

Zebu dee
Posted by

Hi Janet, sorry for not replying earlier.

Bless you!  You are going through the wars.  Cancer is a terrible thing, everywhere I turn people seem to be talking about it. My cousin Alan has just been diagnosed with cancer in his back muscles and secondary cancer in his lungs.  He commences treatment next week.

I sincerely hope your medication works for you. Do you have to see your consultant during the course of your meds?  Are there any side effects?

Unfortunately I have radiotherapy damage. My bowel, bladder, rectum and what's left of my vagina are all tethered together. I have perm nephroscomy tubes to drain the urine from my kidneys. I have a small hole between my bladder and vagina and when the bladder bleeds it's a bit scary because I think is it the cancer back again! Thank the Lord I am cancer free and it's just the side effects which are troubling me.

Have you help at home and someone to support you?

Please keep in touch and I will pray that your tablets work.  God is good he will bring us both through this storm we are in.

Hugs, Blessings and Love xxxxx❤️❤️❤️❤️