Fear of sex and pain

Hi there. I was diagnosed with stage one vagina cancer in sept last year. This was after getting a hysterectomy 4 years before due to dodgy smear tests. I started my treatment in November- 5 chemo, 25 radiotherapy and 3 brachytherapy. I found the brachytherapy really painful and needed morphine to get through it. I was given all clear in March which is amazing but the side effects are getting me down. I’m using the dilators 3 times a week but still find them painful. My husband and I have tried to have sex a couple of times but it’s agony. Does anyone have any tips, have they felt the same and did it get better? It’s really getting me down. Thank you

• Hi there - sorry, haven't been on here in a while. I am having the same experiences as most women on here, it really sucks! I have begun using the estrogen cream again, in hopes that it makes my skin more elasticized down there. Oh, I forgot, the reason I've been gone, I had quadruple heart bypass surgery, haha! I'm all good. All of this fun is due to having kidney failure all my life + having transplants, no immune system. I am continuing to try the dialators, but it actually seems like things are getting worse. I will def be speaking with my gyn about this when I see her again whcih I believe is soon. I will try your method, as I'm willing to do anything. I told my husband, he'll have to help me!

Thank you for your tips!

paige