Is tnbc always terminal?

I feel quite hopeless today, everywhere I turn tnbc seems to come for you eventually even if you are at stage 1 nodes clear. Due to its aggressive nature and high recurrence level, have I any hope for the future long term?  

• Thanks for that Karen, I had so many friends & family saying ‘thank goodness it’s only stage 1’ & ‘ at least they caught it early’ .....  when deep inside it gives me no stability because it’s tnbc.  We want to roll with the positive pieces for family & friends but lurking behind is the voice of recurrence paranoia.

I’m so very grateful for your feedback of real living people who have lived through the 5 year barrier & in some cases no recurrence has happened at all. Hugs Heart

Emer C
  • Wow, you are a beacon of hope & im very grateful for your message. Hugs

Emer C
  • I’m blown away by your response, you are absolutely right to have the holidays & savour the family times. I will hold your story close & feed off it when the paranoia comes to visit. Absolutely delighted for you. Hugs

Emer C
  • Thanks Jeannie, you too have hope & are looking forward, great to hear!  I’m sure we all look at our young kids and wonder,  it’s the hardest part. I’m halfway through my chemo & living this twilight zone life through a pandemic, it’s beyond reason. I feel I should have hope as I’m stage 1 & nodes negative but surgeon was wolly about the margin. We push on, we show up, there is only one direction. I’m grateful for your reply. Hugs

Emer C