Increase in tumour size after Chemo

• 64 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hello I have just joined the group in the hope that someone is having a similar experience/or already been through the same as me and can offer some encouragement.  I was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast cancer end October 2020.  My treatment plan is two phases of Chemo, followed by a removal of the tumour and then breast saving operation followed by 21 days of radiotherapy.  I finished my 1st phase of Chemo which was 4 x ACdd (Doxorubicine and Cyclosfosamide). I had the MRI scan once this treatment was finished but unfortunately the tumour hasn't shrunk in fact it has doubled in size!  This has really given me a knock as I just didn't expect to hear the bad news I just assumed the chemo would work.  Has anyone else had the same case.  I have now been told the breast will be removed ( possibly both depending on the results of the genetic testing).  I have started the second phase of chemo treatment which is 12 weeks of Paclitaxel.  Of course all my hopes are pinned on this working but its a waiting game and I am finding it hard to handle the not knowing.  

Would love to hear from anyone going through the same ordeal.

• Hello ladies

I hope you are all feeling as well as you can today. 

I hope the Troveldy works for you  . Is it an IV chemo? 

I hope you hear soon about the trial drug? And if not, I hope they will soon put you on Vinoeralbine. Are you on a chemo regime currently?

I have my second iv of gemctibine tomorrow. As I was oreviously on oral chemo, the iv chemo has really knocked me sideways. 

One step at a time. Hoping for  a restful Sunday whatever you're doing xx

• Hi , hope you manage to have a restful Sunday and thank you.  I'm not currently on a chemo regime as I wouldn't be able to start anything until I know if I am eligible for the trial.  I think if I don't hear anything this coming week, I will have to start some form of chemo.  The oncologist is arranging another scan to see what is happening.  Had another tearful moment last night but today I'm going to pick myself up and keep fighting on.  Have a wonderful day xx

• Hope you managed to pick yourself up  and even if you didn't that's OK too. 

Hope you hear the news you need to hear this week. The waiting has is awful. Its like you've been forgotten about. 

Take care all xx

• Thank you it's the support from everyone on here keeps me going.  Although not feeling the best, I'm not in pain and I'm still determined to keep smiling.  Even when the thunder, rain, lightning and storm all seem to come at once, we battle through.  Life always seems like an ongoing battle but we keep fighting through.  I have faith that there will be a treatment plan that will work for patients with TNBC.