We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Thyroid cancer

A place for people affected by thyroid cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Coronavirus

stewy1986
Posted by

Are we at high risk with all this Coronavirus going on I don’t know where I stand. I didn’t receive a shielding letter but when I spoke to GP surgery they stated that not everyone will get a letter 

Runner25
Posted by

We are not a high risk and do not have to shield, unless it’s 2 weeks prior to surgery or RAI treatment. 

I thought I had a lower immune system as I had quite a lot of lymph nodes removed last year. My husband had a bad dose of COVID 19 and was in bed for 12 days with a further 8 weeks recovery. I didn’t catch it off him and was changing his bed,  taking him drinks and was fine. 

Had a few problems with my thyroxine levels in January and February in 2020. I felt exhausted and resting heart rate was down to 44. Contacted my consultant, arranged bloods and my T4 was too low. Medication was changed and felt good since then.
welshgirly
Posted by

This is from thyroid uk website

However, if you have thyroid cancer, you should definitely take the Governments advice and be shielded.

thyroiduk.org/.../