We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Thyroid cancer

A place for people affected by thyroid cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Goodbye, forever or for now?

Lass
Posted by

Heya, 

I just wanted to say goodbye to the friends I've made here, thanks for being you, and good luck on your individual journeys. 

Some people know how to find me outwith the site, and know I'm happy to help however I can. 

Good luck and take care!

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

Minouche
Posted by

Lass....

What’s this?

I can’t believe what I’ve just read. You are the most constant helpful person on this site. 
You have helped countless people on this scary journey. We know your knowledge has been derived from experience, study and asking pertinent questions. You’ve never said you were medically trained....just someone who has lots of personal experience. I cannot believe that is a reason for you to leave.

This site is for support....and that is all you have ever done! 
I can’t imagine you not being there to respond and help relieve the anxiety we have all felt or are feeling right now....

somI hope it’s not Goodbye

Minouche

Living in Mexico

buttercup01
Posted by

Good luck xx

Sue

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Dreamthief
Posted by

I and many others here will hope it is 'for now'  

Not only because of the cancer related support you have given for many years but the Gardening and Baking stuff as well.

- Take care, G n' J

VickiLynne
Posted by

Hi Lass

As you probably know I'm just back after taking a break from the community for a while.  I have no idea as to what has brought you to this decision, but I do know that you have been a friend to many on here and I would suggest that you perhaps take a little break, think things over, and come back to us soon.

I had a break because I needed to focus on my husband's health, and now being less stressed I felt it was time to come back.  I don't always agree with some of Admin's decisions but Macmillan has rules and Admin do their best to keep us in line with them.  All the time I was away from the Community Admin regularly kept in touch with me to ask if I needed any support, which made me feel appreciated.

Take care Lass, you will be missed.

VickiLynne

LittleGibbon
Posted by

Oh Lass. I am so sorry and sad. I have only been a member for a few months but have gained so much from your wise and kind responses. 

You are the best kind of human being and we are lucky to know you. 

Prettyflower
Posted by

Hi Lass

I haven't been on I a while and just saw your post.  I am so sad to here you are leaving.  You have been so kind,helpful and supportive to me since I joined

I wish you lots of love and keep well. 

We are all at a loss without you but thankyou for all you kind words of support. 

Xxx PF

5 Daily Reminders 
1.  I am amazing.
2.  I can do anything.
3.  Positivity is a choice.
4.  I celebrate my individuality.
5.  I am prepared to succeed.
Love to everyone
magsjp24
Posted by

So sad to read this, thanks so much for all your advice and support, best of luck and lots of love to you xxx

Runner25
Posted by

Best wishes Lass, you have always helped me with my questions and given me lots of great advice. Look after yourself and take care.

Thank you

Runner. X

Bagpuss73
Posted by

Really sorry to read this. Thank you for your support and take care xx

Jay1979
Posted by

Hope everything is OK Lass, I haven't been on for a long time. You were always quick to offer help and advice to people, it will be a big loss to this community. x

Rosegirl
Posted by

Hi

I am so sad that you have left. Like everyone else you have always offered solid support.  The site won't be the same without you    

Good luck and I really do hope you change your mind one day and come back soon