We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Thyroid cancer

A place for people affected by thyroid cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Infection or cancer

Ranisai
Posted by

Hi, 

I’m such an emotional wreck at the moment, I’m so stressed and don’t know what to do, I had a blood test in December to say my thyroglobulin levels are high and will need more radio iodine treatment and it’s booked for June 20  I had a scan and in jan 20 to say it’s all clear but  to keep with my plan to have radio iodine it’s all booked for June as bloods still show high level of thyroglobulin.

I was doing okay until feb 20, I felt unwell like a chest infection, heavy chest, breathless, sore throat etc went too see doctors said it’s viral should go away, come March got worse, however due to lock down couldn’t see doctor only telephone consultation I’ve had 3 courses of antibiotics since then no relief, been to A and E twice with breathing problems x ray are fine so are bloods and negative for covid (thank god)  but I’m still no better it’s been 3 months of constant anguish and suffering could this be cancer related? 

I’ve had a TT with left neck dissection 19 lump nodes removed and all positive for cancer last year March 19, I had my regular bloods thyroglobulin levels high so had radio iodine treatment in August 19 , had bloods in December and levels still high, I had a scan in jan to say it all looked clear, but to still have my radio iodine for next month.

what I’m trying to ask is, has anyone else had issues like this? Is this cancer related? I’m so tired  

“A kind word is a form of charity.” Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)
latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

I'm very sorry to read that you're feeling very stressed and an emotional wreck because you're worried that your symptoms could be cancer related.

I don't have any answers but by responding it will 'bump' your post back to the top of the first page where it'll hopefully be seen by someone who can share their experiences with you.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Portabubblejoan
Posted by

Hi,

I'm sorry you've been feeling so unwell. I think no matter how you do,  after everything we've all been through it's hard not to worry that every lump bump or ailment we get is in someway connected back and that it might be something bad.  But the positives are you've been to A&E had various tests and there's nothing jumping out at the doctors. Focus on that, they're not overly concerned, take your lead from them.  Try not to worry and take a deep breath, the stress will only be making you feel worse. Maybe try something like the calm app, for like breathing exercises and relaxing stories. 

RAI isn't as bad as I had worked myself up to thinking. I read a few books, I brought some face masks, nibbles and drinks. I watched a few movies and tried to learn how to knit - not very successfully. 

Hope you start to feel better soon x

Ranisai
Posted by

HI, 

Thank you for messaging back, I suppose your right nothing major is jumping out but I’m so ill and it’s hard not to think the worse, so frustrating when doctors can’t figure out what is wrong and nothing makes you feel better. 

my radiation went well, I did the same, try to keep myself busy while I was there, that was in August 19, I was doing well up until this all started in February 20 

“A kind word is a form of charity.” Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)
Portabubblejoan
Posted by

You've been through an awful lot in just one year.  Your body is probably exhausted, physically and mentally. Maybe focus your energy away from the worrying and into something positive. Whatever you enjoy,  eating,  cooking,  movie,  reading, a walk, a lazy day in bed watching a boxset. Take care