Thyroid cancer

A place for people affected by thyroid cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Radioactive iodine treatment

Vivienne Sally
Posted by

Hi all,

Just an update from me.

I had my treatment yesterday up at Guys London.

It was much better than I was expecting.  I was treated really well and let out at 4pm.

I am tired today with neck and throat restriction, still a little dizzy when standing but i have been out for a walk, away from people!!  

I am still so unstable with my mood, unable to cope overall.  I am seeing someone for some help.

It's all been such a whirlwind, 2 ops in close succession, treatment and scan tomorrow.  

I got my diagnosis back in August 2019 so it's all been very fast.  

I'm trying to stay positive and think ahead but some days that seems hard..

I hope you all are thriving x x x 

Vivienne
Lass
Posted by

Heya, 

Sorry, what exactly did you have yesterday? 

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Runner25
Posted by

Hi Vivienne

Glad your treatment went well, you obviously weren’t in for long. I hope your scan goes well, I found lying still quite difficult, but I am a fidget. 

I think mentally a cancer diagnosis is something we all struggle with, I am glad you are getting some help. I am thinking about contacting my local Maggies centre as initially I was fine , but recently finding things more difficult. 

Runner x