We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Thyroid cancer

A place for people affected by thyroid cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Shocked

Runner25
Posted by

Great looking cakes and jam. Your friend is very lucky. Hope the tasting goes well x

Dizzymum
Posted by

Seriously could you make me anymore hungry for cakes!! I need to make a cake in a mug tonight or ransack a gf bakery. These look so yummy. Thanks for the above! I didn't know recovery was so long...well poop! Im back working again and totally have not factored that I into my timeline , new plan hide from work and tell them after the surgery. So glad I can take ibuprofen if the pain will be longer lasting eeek. How did the tasting go?xx

PhoenixRising
Posted by

Do make sure you give yourself enough time off. I tried to rush it and it wasn't wise. Do cut yourself some slack and good recovery time  xx

Thyroid cancer warrior

Lass
Posted by

Heya

I do hope you got yourself a cake in a mug! And I def won't tell you that I make an amazing GF Chocolate Orange Cake.......

Hopefully you're recovery won't be so long, but it's better to know than not know! The good thing is that as it's a cancer diagnosis, you're protected under employment law. So your work can't be funny about time off, or about making reasonable adjustments to help you return when you feel up to it, including phased return if you need it.

Tasting went well. They've gone for the coconut and lime cake, with the mango and passionfruit jam, and we're still working on the icing because UK cream cheese SUCKS for icing! lol

Lass

xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

Dizzymum
Posted by

What lass, dont hold out! I'd love some gf chocolate orange cake

Well yesterday was my last day in work for a while, thats good to know we are over by employment law. My surgery is later today.... I'm definitely nervous. 

Wow that sounds like an amazing wedding cake . Are you doing a rough icing edge? Sounds so yummy and different for a wedding cake. Good luck hope you find some nice icing soon xx

PhoenixRising
Posted by

Good luck with the surgery Dizzymum. You will be just fine. Just pamper yourself and give yourself plenty of self care. sod work
post back when you are up and running again

Thyroid cancer warrior

Runner25
Posted by

Good luck Dizzymum. Be kind to yourself and remember to take things easy.

Lass
Posted by

I'm icing the edges then covering in chocolate dibbles, toasted coconut and freezedried mango powder, and freezedried raspberry and strawberry powder/pieces.

The tops will also be covered in the relevant item, and then there will be a pile in the centre of each of either nuts, fresh cubed mango, and fresh berries.

Lass

xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.