Thyroid cancer

A place for people affected by thyroid cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Pre opp app

Kat1044kat
Posted by

Hello everyone hope your all as well as u can be, had my pre opp app today ready for next wends and heart rate is fast and blood pressure high was told to relax and take things easy which is impossible with kids, starting to get nerves and anxious about op to take other half of my thyroid out and the meds I'll be on for life Iv read story's saying they can make u feel quite ill, has anyone been through this please advise and help would be helpful thank u 

Lass
Posted by

Hey Kat, 

Best advice I can give you is not to Google. This Debbie and The Butterfly Trust Debbie have all the info you need on them.

Other websites and forums will be full of the horror stories and moans of the worst sort. Simply because you're more likely to take the time to write about a bad experience than a good, or normal, one.

It will probably take a few months to get your dosage right, but that's because everyone is different. So while a dose of 100 works for one person, another might be on 50, and another might be on 250. So there will be a bit of trial and error involved. But they'll get there in the end.

In the meantime, we're all here to help in any way we can.

Lass

Xx