Testicular cancer

Affected by testicular cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

I/O yesterday

Breckarns
Posted by

So I had my I/O and was discharged, I wasn’t given any scrotal support or compression stockings. Is this normal as I read they do provide some?!

nick

gregm
Posted by

Hi,

Some hospitals do, some don't - I wasn't provided any and it was fine. Scrotal support can be done just with normal underpants or close fitting boxers if you need - you're going to spend most of your time sitting down for the next couple of days anyway.

Compression stockings are really only needed if you're going to be bed bound for days, so just do try and get up and shuffle around the living room every couple of hours during the day. If you consider you've slept for 8hrs every night for most of your life without needing compression stockings, then you can see that they're really not needed unless you're not going to move for a day.

Greg

Breckarns
Posted by

Cheers Greg, 

ive ordered some closer fitting sports boxers now so should be good.

im off for a 3 hour walk this morning so I don’t really think I’ll just be sat around loads. 

Nick

gregm
Posted by

take it easy, no prizes for long walks the day after. I shuffled for 400m the day after, that was enough. You don't want to pull the stitches open.

G