Testicular cancer

Affected by testicular cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

DOUBTS

Wifeofsurvivor
Posted by

Am I the only one so paranoid for each report of surveillance 

It almost feels like a life death situation

Any advices on how should I deal with this kind of anxiety

Also our surveillance is scheduled at every 3 months. Was it the same for everyone here?

He has class 2a seminoma and took 3xBEP for the same and been 6 months now that he’s on surveillance and doing absolutely well 

Everything is possible!

gregm
Posted by

Hi,

I've been trying to think how we might help with the anxiety.  There's the factual approach with some - the statistics are entirely in his favour, but for many numbers don't work. There's distraction - if you have other stuff to do then there's less time to sit and worry. 

Each time you worry, and it turns out ok, stick a green post-it-note on the fridge - when you can't see the fridge for post-it-notes, then tell yourself you can stop worrying?

Above all I think the best I can advise is don't bottle it up, keep talking, keep asking questions - we'll be here.

Yes, surveillance every 3 months is the norm, then after a few of those it will be every 6 months, then every year, and after 10 years they get bored and leave you alone.

Greg

Wifeofsurvivor
Posted by

Heyyyy

Thanks again for the help and reply

I keep wondering if I’m the only one so paranoid here before every test. May be bcz my family has based my marriage on the reports that keep coming. All clear and positive means a yes and any problem means a straight away no!!

More than the patient himself, I’m full of stress.

Everything is possible!

gregm
Posted by

Hi,

I'm not saying you worry the most, but you're somewhere in the top 1... ;-)

It's so important to you, and your worry doesn't seem out of place considering that. Just tick of the days, celebrate the good news, and pop in here for a chat. So far everything in the treatment looks to be going perfectly!

Hugs,

Greg