Testicular cancer

Affected by testicular cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Success. Blood Results Back.

imageek
Posted by

As most know on here I had a slight scare when my AFP level had risen from 5 to 9 and had the awful wait to have more blood tests. The anxiety really got to me during these times, and the past 2 days waiting for results were so bad that I got drunk to forget about the worry.

But, yesterday I had the best news ever, my AFP level had fallen to 8. So my oncologist is not concerned and he said I'm just one of these guys that have a normal, high AFP.

My pure seminoma diagnoses was correct :D I was so worried about having to have BEP. I know this is no comfort to some, as they have trials and challenges to face. Hugs and support to those people.

For me, I feel the struggle is temporarily over and I can now enjoy Christmas.

I celebrated last night. Now I'm nursing a horrible hangover.

gregm
Posted by

Hi Imageek,

good news :-) you can look forward to that holiday now!

Greg

Richie Rich
Posted by

Hi imageek

Told you so, but seriously great news, I did think you'd been drowning your sorrows as the forum has been quiet without you, but you are a fighter and now you can claim your reward in Lapland. Al Murray says a great cure for hangover is a bacon sandwich. Enjoy.

Cheers

Rich

imageek
Posted by

Hey Rich,

Yes mate I had been "drowning" a little too much. No more alcohol though. For me the hangover cure was lots of slightly burnt toast and Lucozade. Lapland is likely a no go now. Through all these issues and my problems, the relationship has came to an end. With ever up there's a down I guess. I'm happy. I am happier than I have ever been. There's nothing greater than hearing you're Cancer free.

NoelR
Posted by

Fantastic news !!!