Just had my ultrasound and been referred

• 33 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi boys,

just had an ultrasound after feeling a lump about 3-4 weeks ago and I’ve been referred to the urology as they think it’s cancerous, apparently it’s 9mm x 12mm not sure if that’s big or not. Can’t stop worrying now, I’m 34 with 3 young kids so not bothered about having the ball cut out. Tbh just want it out now. Any advice how to deal with worry? I don’t think I can work with my head like this. Thanks lads

• Yea I’ll do my best not to worry.. may even go to work tomorrow for a while and take my mind off things! The appointment wasn’t actually missed on their timings!! It’s because it’s Friday they said within 2 days from yesterday but that’s not including weekends. Just makes you think why the hell don’t they work weekends!! 

• Hi everyone well awful few days but I’ve finally got my urologist appointment tomorrow at 3. To get the ball rolling pin not intended!! I’ve got plenty of questions written down for him too. Can’t wait for my op now honestly just want it out!! 

• Best of luck mate. We are all here if you have more enquiries. 

• That's great news, and I hope you feel better for it.  Worth bearing in mind that your urologist isn't an oncologist. They'll be able to answer questions about your surgery, but anything they say about the cancer will be educated speculation. Until they've got it under the microscope you won't get certainty on whether any more treatment is recommended.  That said, my urologist did speculate and was proved correct on every point.

Best wishes

G

• Hi James

Going through the same at the moment. Waiting on urologist to see what's happening. He says there is an area of concern. It the waiting that drives you mad. Best of luck to you

• Hi mate, did u mean your doctor said there’s an area for concern and refered you to the urologists?? I think if your reffered it’s pretty much means your nuts coming off. I’ve already decided I don’t want it any more!!! As everyone says it’s the uncertainty of everything. Hopefully I’ll have my operation date today and some answers to questions!!! Been a shit few days man. How you feeling today bud??? 

• Hi

Ya doc says I've an area of concern and he is having a meeting on Thurs with another urologist and a radiologist and see what's happening. I had bloods done hcg and 2 others and they came back clear but doc says he may still have to take it out. I'm on anixety meds for the lst 3 months as I've bad anixety. They seem to be keeping me calm at the moment but still I need to find out soon. Best of luck today

• Hi mate yea I suffer with anxiety to mate. It’s good your bloods came back clear mate. I haven’t had any bloods yet feel like that’s probably because they just wanna get the ball out first maybe! Not sure really. I think if there’s any chance it could be u would be better off without it anyway mate! I’ll keep u posted lads

• Thought I would update you all as not been on for a while. I went back to work for a few days to keep busy last week. But I had my urology appointment. My operation is this Monday the 16th Raised hands tone1 I must admit when they gave me that date I wasn’t happy I wanted it out quicker!! It was 18 days from when they told me!! But in the meantime I had my blood done which came back relatively low in tumour markers. Then after that I had my ct scan which came back as clear! So wonderful news that put my mind to rest as there was no spread beyond the ball. Only 2 more days with this bloody ball!!! Anyway if anyone else needs a chat or anything let us know lads I’m going to stick around on here.

• Great news!! As good as it gets really.  I'm sure your op will go smoothly - it's not exactly complicated or risky.  Hopefully you'll be on the mend soon.

G