Start of the jourbey

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hello All, 

ive joined as I am at the start of a journey which I honestly don’t know anything about yet. I’m a 60 year old man. 
I have just been told I have a mass on my spinal cord (lower back). I have numbness on my left side which us effecting my mobility. 
I am in the early investigation stage and just wanted to say hello and hope that I can participate in the support that I have read about on these forums. 
thank you in advance 

Charles 

• . Hi Charles and welcome to the Online Community. I just dropped by and noticed you've not yet had a reply to your post so hopefully the members here will be along soon to chat. Take a while to read through the older posts and click on reply to any that interest you.

It's a scary thing when we start these journeys but you'll find that you're not alone and there's lots of support here. I'm attaching a link to Macmillan reading matter about Spinal Cord tumours which you may find useful, have a read through and jot down any questions you may have for your Consultant's in your next meeting.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep writing the same thing over and over. You can amend or update it at any time. 

Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett