Dad Prostate cancer advanced stage 4 lungs ribs spine

• 1 reply
  • 2 subscribers

Hello 

On here for support advice and general help so I can better understand and help my dad. I'm looking into moving close to him so can help in future. He is coping well at the moment. Is up moving around and we'll in himself. 

He had radiation therapy and is on hormone injections. PSA levels gone down from 535 to 500 and G level is 7. Just been td he will be on enzalutamide tablets not got them yet. Has an appointment on Monday. 

What should I expect and how can I best help and support him? 

Any advice appropriated. 

Thank in advances

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the Online Community. I just dropped by and noticed you've not yet had a reply to your post. I'm sorry to read about your Dad's Prostate Cancer.

I think it would be a good idea to join our supportive Prostate cancer group where you will be able to make contact with others making the same journey as your Dad and you'll be able to ask questions and get answers from people in the same situation.

I hope his consultation today goes well and he gets his new medication very soon.

All the best, B x

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett