Soft tissue sarcomas

A place for anyone affected by any type of soft tissue sarcoma to support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

Likelihood of recurrence?

Sparky2
Posted by

Hi guys, just wandering about the chances/likelihood of recurrence of retroperitoneal liposarcarma at the same or other site? Looking for statistics, percentages etc. I have had a very large tumour removed and wondering what the future might hold. Don't want to scare myself but feeling the need to get as much info as possible, so I can ask my surgeon the right questions at my follow up consultation. Thank you.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

I'm not a member of this group so can't answer your questions but I noticed that your post had gone unanswered.

I've found this information for you about soft tissue sarcomas on this site and Cancer Research UK has this information about liposarcoma, including statistics, which you might find helpful.

There is also this page on questions to ask your doctor. They probably won't all apply to you but it may give you a starting point.

I'm also tagging this group's Community Champion into my reply to you as he may have some personal experience that will help you further.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Sparky2
Posted by

Thank you so much, that's really helpful, Sparky2.